After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘People V O.J. Simpson’ Writer D.V. DeVincentis Inks Overall Deal With FX Productions
- ‘The Simpsons’ Ratings Tick Up On Largely Miserable Premiere Sunday For Series
- Veep Joe Biden To Make First Visit To Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Three Days After First Debate
- ‘The Deep’: Ian Verdun Joins Freeform’s Mermaid Thriller Drama Pilot
- NBCU Intl Plants ‘Trees’; Options Sci-Fi Comics For Tom Hardy’s Hardy Son & Baker
- Gordon Ramsay’s New Company Names Chris Brogden As Chief Creative Officer