After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- Disney Channel Orders Boy With Talking Hand Comedy Pilot ‘Right Hand Guy’
- ‘MadTV’: Ike Barinholtz & Debra Wilson To Appear In The CW Revival
- ‘Marco Polo’ Creator: Netflix Series “Breaking Barriers” On Diversity – Guest Column
- Stephen Colbert’s Live RNC Shows Bring Buzz And Ratings Gains, But Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight’ Still Rules…
- Paramount Film Vet Eben Davidson Moves To TV Division As SVP Development
- Miss Cleo Dies: Self-Described Psychic Of TV Infomercials Fame Was 53