After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest TV News
- Fox Taps Craig Kurland As EVP Business Affairs
- ‘Maya & Marty’: NBC Sets Big-Name Guests For Variety Series Premiere
- Esquire Rides With Motorcycle Build Competition Series For Fall
- ‘Nashville’ Signs Off ABC With 10-Week High, ‘Wayward Pines’ Slow Burner In S2 Start
- Whitney Berry Joins Bungalow|Storied Media As SVP Development & Production
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Netflix Release Date & New Trailer