After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies 'Secrets & Lies' & 'Last Man On Earth', Justify 'Royals' Pickup
Latest TV News
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even
- DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies ‘Secrets & Lies’ & ‘Last Man On Earth’, Justify ‘Royals…
- Bill Maher To PC Liberals: “Shut Up”
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic