After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing