After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- WGA Panel Sees More Viewer And Network Acceptance of LGBT Themes
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ABC’s ‘American Crime’ Cast Talks About Second Season’s…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump…