After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- ‘Married At First Sight’ Renewed For Season 5 On FYI
- ‘Notorious’ Order Cut To 10 Episodes By ABC
- ‘Six’: History’s Military Drama Gets 2017 Premiere Date
- ‘Man With A Plan’ Off To OK Ratings Start
- Tom Hanks Negotiates With ‘Big’s Zoltar To Be Made 30 Again
- ‘Knight Rider’ To Ride Again As Machinima Digital Series With Justin Lin At The Wheel