After Paula Patton just landed the biggest movie role of her career, the female lead in Mission: Impossible 4, she had to pull out of Law & Order: SVU where she was to play Assistant District Attorney Mikka Von. So now Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped to step in and recur as a new ADA on the show, which returns for a 12th season on Sept. 22. I hear the producers of the veteran NBC procedural from Wolf Films and UMS were gracious in allowing Patton to bow out after only one episode. Stephanie March was the last actress to play an ADA on the show full time. Last year, Sharon Stone and Christine Lahti both did high-profile multi-episode arcs as ADAs. Sagemiller’s series credits include Raising the Bar and Sleeper Cell.
Melissa Sagemiller In For Paula Patton On NBC Drama 'Law & Order: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat, ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse
- Billy Campbell & Karine Vanasse Cast As Leads In CTV Drama ‘Cardinal’
- ‘Transparent’ Season 2 First Episode Available On Amazon Prime
- ‘Supergirl’ Gets Order For 7 More Episodes From CBS