TORONTO: JC Chandor, who just wrapped writing and directing the indie financial crisis thriller Margin Call, has made a two-picture writing deal at Warner Bros. His first project: Portofino, an international thriller for Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way that is a potential vehicle for the star. Meanwhile, Margin Call is creating buzz in Toronto — partly because Kevin Spacey is here, and also because Myriad Pictures is selling international rights. It stars Jeremy Irons, Paul Bettany, Stanley Tucci, Zachary Quinto, Penn Badgely, Simon Backer, Demi Moore and Mary McDonnell, about how the 2008 financial meltdown impacted a variety of players at a Wall Street investment bank over 24 hours.
'Margin Call' Director J.C. Chandor Snags Big Warner Bros Writing Gig From DiCaprio
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video