TORONTO: JC Chandor, who just wrapped writing and directing the indie financial crisis thriller Margin Call, has made a two-picture writing deal at Warner Bros. His first project: Portofino, an international thriller for Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way that is a potential vehicle for the star. Meanwhile, Margin Call is creating buzz in Toronto — partly because Kevin Spacey is here, and also because Myriad Pictures is selling international rights. It stars Jeremy Irons, Paul Bettany, Stanley Tucci, Zachary Quinto, Penn Badgely, Simon Backer, Demi Moore and Mary McDonnell, about how the 2008 financial meltdown impacted a variety of players at a Wall Street investment bank over 24 hours.
'Margin Call' Director J.C. Chandor Snags Big Warner Bros Writing Gig From DiCaprio
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…