TORONTO: JC Chandor, who just wrapped writing and directing the indie financial crisis thriller Margin Call, has made a two-picture writing deal at Warner Bros. His first project: Portofino, an international thriller for Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way that is a potential vehicle for the star. Meanwhile, Margin Call is creating buzz in Toronto — partly because Kevin Spacey is here, and also because Myriad Pictures is selling international rights. It stars Jeremy Irons, Paul Bettany, Stanley Tucci, Zachary Quinto, Penn Badgely, Simon Backer, Demi Moore and Mary McDonnell, about how the 2008 financial meltdown impacted a variety of players at a Wall Street investment bank over 24 hours.
'Margin Call' Director J.C. Chandor Snags Big Warner Bros Writing Gig From DiCaprio
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’
- Brad Grey Confirms Exit Of Adam Goodman At Paramount
- Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn'; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
- Ad Hominem Partner Jim Burke Courted To Be Focus Features Production President
- Sony Makes First-Look Deal With Josh Bratman’s Immersive Pictures