Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- The Simpsons Store Opens In China; World’s First Outlet Dedicated To Iconic Toon
- FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series ‘Feud’, Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford…
- Emmy Winner Bradley Whitford Inks With ICM Partners
- Freeform Ups Elizabeth Boykewich To SVP Casting & Talent
- Shirley MacLaine & Matthew Broderick To Topline ‘Bettyville’ Dramedy Series For Paramount TV
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Wrapper Hands Total Viewer Trophy To CBS; ‘Empire’ Conquers Demo For Fox