Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Fleming Jr
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys