Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Relativity To Release Faith-Based Film ‘Hillsong–Let Hope Rise’
- Diablo Cody Set To Rewrite ‘Barbie’
- Seth Rogen Comes Out Smoking Over THR Charges Of Pot-Reeking Office
- WME Signs Film And Theater Director Julie Taymor
- The Orchard Acquires Andy Landen-Directed SXSW Comedy ‘Sequoia’
- MGM Options ‘Mrs. Frisby & The Rats Of Nimh’, Sets ‘Ice Age’s Michael Berg To Hatch…