Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale
- Skydance Productions Names Larry Wasserman CFO
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'