Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest TV News
- Angus Sampson Joins Hulu Drama ‘Shut Eye’; Manny Montana Cast in ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- NBC’s Matt Hubbard Comedy Pilot Adds Three To Family
- Natalie Martinez To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘A.P.B.’
- Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Show Finally A Go At NBC
- Jennifer Getzinger To Helm ‘Miranda’s Rights’, Only Female Director Hire On Drama Pilot This Season
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot