Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest TV News
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers
- ‘Downton Abbey’s Gareth Neame On Series End: “We Know Exactly The Story We Want To Tell” (6 Seasons & A…
- ‘Mr. Robinson’ & ‘The Carmichael Show’ To Debut In August; NBC Sets ‘Welcome To Sweden’ Return, Other Summer…
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Premiere Set For May 31
- Nickelodeon’s ‘School Of Rock’ Rounds Out Cast
- James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’ Night 3: 1.35 Million Viewers – Update