Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Networks Ups Maurizio Vitale To EVP Role
- Scott Baio Responds To Criticism Over Comments On Erin Moran’s Death
- Gretchen Carlson To Publish ‘Be Fierce’, Book About Workplace Sexual Harassment
- DIGA Options Amy Plum’s ‘Dreamfall’ Dark Thriller Novel To Develop As TV Series
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings Made $23.2M In 2016, Up 39.5%
- Steve Harvey’s New Talker Hires Shane Farley As EP; Sets Premiere Date