Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lyndon Smith To Star In Shondaland ABC Drama Pilot, Ben Shenkman Co-Stars
- ‘Feud’ Gets Season 2 Order Ahead Of FX Series Premiere; Charles & Diana In Spotlight
- Jimmy Kimmel’s Late-Night Oscar Explainer Pops In Ratings
- Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin Hart & Sarah Silverman Lead Comedy Central Move Into Festival Biz With ‘Clusterfest’
- Vern Co Joins Gersh As New TV & Theater Agent
- Kendis Gibson Named Co-Anchor Of ABC’s ‘America This Morning’ & ‘World News’