TORONTO: The sexy part of the Toronto Film Festival is the acquisition deals and especially the unveiling of Oscar-caliber films. But pictures are also being put together. Among them: Matthew McConaughey and Emile Hirsch will star in Killer Joe, a black comedy that William Friedkin is directing for Nicolas Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Filming begins November 8th in New Orleans. Friedkin is teaming again with Tracy Letts (Bug) who’s scripting the pic based on his play about a Dallas detective who is also a hired killer. Chartier produces with Scott Einbinder of ANA Media. UPDATE: Another Toronto title being shopped is A Dead Man In Debford, a Little Film Co pic that stars Brighton Rock‘s Sam Riley and Ray Winstone.
'Killer Joe' For Bill Friedkin, Tracy Letts, Matthew McConaughey, & Emile Hirsch
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest