TORONTO: The sexy part of the Toronto Film Festival is the acquisition deals and especially the unveiling of Oscar-caliber films. But pictures are also being put together. Among them: Matthew McConaughey and Emile Hirsch will star in Killer Joe, a black comedy that William Friedkin is directing for Nicolas Chartier’s Voltage Pictures. Filming begins November 8th in New Orleans. Friedkin is teaming again with Tracy Letts (Bug) who’s scripting the pic based on his play about a Dallas detective who is also a hired killer. Chartier produces with Scott Einbinder of ANA Media. UPDATE: Another Toronto title being shopped is A Dead Man In Debford, a Little Film Co pic that stars Brighton Rock‘s Sam Riley and Ray Winstone.
'Killer Joe' For Bill Friedkin, Tracy Letts, Matthew McConaughey, & Emile Hirsch
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’