Voltage Pictures chief Nicolas Chartier, trying to create some noise to follow The Hurt Locker, has announced a September 9 start date for Generation Um. The film, which stars Keanu Reeves, Bojana Novakovic and Adelaide Clemens, has been announced on the eve of the Toronto International Film Festival, where Chartier will undoubtedly try to tempt the distribution crowd. Written and directed by Mark L. Mann, the film tracks a day in the life of John (Reeves) and two beautiful companions as they immerse themselves in sex, drugs and indecision. Chartier also has the Rachel Weisz-starrer The Whistleblower at the festival. One of Chartier’s other projects, the Sheldon Turner-directed drama By Virtue Fall, might be in for a change of the original intended cast of Colin Farrell and Eric Bana. Farrell fell out, and talks have been ongoing with Chartier’s Hurt Locker star Jeremy Renner. Renner’s commitment to starring alongside Tom Cruise in the next Mission: Impossible has complicated matters.
Keanu Reeves In 'Generation Um'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015
- Kellyanne Conway Tells ‘Meet The Press’ She’s Gracious, Humble & Not A Sore Winner
- ‘SNL’ Hunts For Elusive Hillary, Host Emma Stone Finds True Christmas Savior
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets It “Can’t Get Any Worse”