Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets