Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn