Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Vince Gilligan Pledges To ‘Honor’ Fans At ‘Better Call Saul’ Panel Screening
- ‘Coach’ Comes Back As 13-Episode NBC Series Starring Craig T. Nelson
- TNT’s Miami Drug-Trade Drama To Be Redeveloped
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- PBS Already Has Talked To Julian Fellowes About Next Masterpiece Drama
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers