Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82