Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’
- Tanya Hart & Robert Papazian Elected Co-Chairs Of The Caucus
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz “Lucifer” And “Miserable Son Of A Bitch”; TV News Feasts
- Sara Ramirez’s Cryptic Tweet Fuels Speculation Over Her ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Future
- Peter Bart: Tech Titans Aim To Disrupt Ad Biz Right Before Our Eyes