Screenwriter James V. Hart has signed on to write Chinese Odyssey, a 3D action adventure fantasy that will be directed by The Lion King‘s Rob Minkoff. The plan is to shoot the film in China by next spring in what would be the first major feature film developed with Chinese funding. The film’s produced by Minkoff and Pietro Ventani through their Tiger 62 Media banner, in partnership with the China Film Group and Beijing Galloping Horse Film & TV. China Film Group was involved in funding the John Woo-directed Red Cliff, and is a partner in his next big China-themed film, the WWII aviation saga Flying Tigers. Minkoff and his partner formed their banner, with offices in L.A. and Beijing, to hatched a series of China-centric films. Hart, whose scripts include Dracula and Hook, most recently scripted The Legend of The Leafmen with William Joyce and Ice Age director Chris Wedge.
James V. Hart Scripts Rob Minkoff's 'Chinese Odyssey'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ABC’s Shondaland Legal Pilot Casts Hope Davis, Vondie Curtis-Hall & Regé-Jean Page
- ‘Household Name’: Timothy Omundson Cast In Carol Burnett ABC Comedy Pilot
- Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway Among Final Round Of Oscar Presenters
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Faces Jail With New Final Sentencing Date In Fraud Case
- Court Tosses Tatyana Ali Lawsuit Claiming ‘The Real’ Was Her Idea
- ‘For God & Country’ NBC Pilot Casts Hadi Tabbal; Warren Leight-Paul Haggis Pilot Adds 2