Jennifer Saunders, creator of TV comedy Absolutely Fabulous, started writing the book for stage show Viva Forever yesterday. Producer Judy Craymer is hoping this new Spice Girls musical, due to open in London’s West End 2012, will repeat the success of Mamma Mia! Her people tell me that Saunders’ treatment is “a glimpse of the underbelly of TV talent shows. It’s all about the pursuit of fame and a moving look at celebrity today”. The irony it was Simon Fuller, the Spice Girls’ manager and the man who’s probably more responsible than any other for the glut of TV talent shows, who first mooted the idea of a Spice Girls musical to Craymer. Fuller is partnering Craymer, the Spice Girls and Universal Music on the show. Blimey, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
HOW IRONIC: Spice Girls Musical Will Expose “Underbelly Of TV Talent Shows”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Ashleigh Banfield Doubles Down On Aziz Ansari Accusations: “Sloppy & Reckless”
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Series Finale Trailer: Final 6 Episodes To Roll Out Over 3 Weeks On Disney XD
- Steve Harvey’s Daytime Talk Show Renewed For Second Season
- TGIT Returns Strong, ‘The Four’ Steady, ‘Supernatural’ Ratings On Par With Spinoff Episode
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March – Guest…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series