EXCLUSIVE: Will Smith and James Lassiter’s Overbrook Entertainment and The Proposal writer Pete Chiarelli are behind a series adaptation of the hit 2005 romantic comedy Hitch, which has several networks bidding on it. Chiarelli will pen the series project, described as an action-packed one-hour, for Sony Pictures TV. The movie, which Overbrook co-produced with Sony’s Columbia Pictures, starred Smith as a date doctor. This marks the TV debut for Chiarelli who also is penning Most Wanted, an upcoming action comedy, which reunites him with The Proposal stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds and director Anne Fletcher. Overbrook and Sony TV first took a stab at adapting Hitch to series 3 seasons ago when it was developed as a half-hour single-camera comedy written by Ben Wexler that was set up at CBS but didn’t go to pilot.
HOT PROPERTY: Overbrook & 'Proposal' Writer Shopping 'Hitch' Series Adaptation
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘LA Crime’, Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'