HBO, which is gearing up for the premiere of the Martin Scorsese-produced and directed drama series Boardwalk Empire, has also acquired U.S. TV rights to Scorsese’s documentary Public Speaking. Produced by Graydon Carter and Margaret Bodde, the feature-length film in the style of Scorsese’s early documentaries Italian American and American Boy showcases New York writer Fran Lebowitz, her worldview and experiences. Public Speaking, also produced by Scorsese and Lebowitz, will premiere on HBO in November. Boardwalk Empire debuts Sept. 19.
HBO Picks Up Martin Scorsese's Documentary 'Public Speaking'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner