HBO, which is gearing up for the premiere of the Martin Scorsese-produced and directed drama series Boardwalk Empire, has also acquired U.S. TV rights to Scorsese’s documentary Public Speaking. Produced by Graydon Carter and Margaret Bodde, the feature-length film in the style of Scorsese’s early documentaries Italian American and American Boy showcases New York writer Fran Lebowitz, her worldview and experiences. Public Speaking, also produced by Scorsese and Lebowitz, will premiere on HBO in November. Boardwalk Empire debuts Sept. 19.
HBO Picks Up Martin Scorsese's Documentary 'Public Speaking'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night On Slow Friday, ‘Let It Fall’ LA Riots Docu OK
- New InventTV To Develop Unscripted Content & Live Events
- Amazon & Netflix Lead Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Winners- Full List