HBO, which is gearing up for the premiere of the Martin Scorsese-produced and directed drama series Boardwalk Empire, has also acquired U.S. TV rights to Scorsese’s documentary Public Speaking. Produced by Graydon Carter and Margaret Bodde, the feature-length film in the style of Scorsese’s early documentaries Italian American and American Boy showcases New York writer Fran Lebowitz, her worldview and experiences. Public Speaking, also produced by Scorsese and Lebowitz, will premiere on HBO in November. Boardwalk Empire debuts Sept. 19.
HBO Picks Up Martin Scorsese's Documentary 'Public Speaking'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Books Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ For Expected NH Primary Victory Lap
- ‘Fuller House’ Trailer: The Tanneritos “Still Look Good” – Update
- ‘Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn’ Renewed For Season 3 By Nickelodeon; Creator Exits
- John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’ Casts Marcus Anderson
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- NBC Nabs Most Demo Viewers During Iowa Caucus Week; ABC Snags Biggest Overall Crowd