EXCLUSIVE: After ending a bunch of old producing pacts as the studio remade itself into a family-friendly franchise film factory, Disney’s production president Sean Bailey has made a 2-year first look deal with Gil Netter and his Netter Productions banner. Netter, who had a deal at 20th Century Fox, certainly fits that family mandate: his most recent producing credits include Marley & Me and The Blind Side, which got him nominated for Best Picture. Netter’s currently working on the Ang Lee-directed Life of Pi, based on the Yann Martel novel adapted by David Magee. Netter just wrapped Water for Elephants, the Richard LaGravanese-scripted adaptation of the Sara Gruen novel which stars Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson and Christof Waltz.
Disney Pacts For First Look With Gil Netter
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- North Korea-Based Thriller With Gore Verbinski And Steve Carell Canceled
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'
- 'Pontius Pilate' — Sans Brad Pitt — Headed For Jeff Robinov's Studio 8?