EXCLUSIVE: After ending a bunch of old producing pacts as the studio remade itself into a family-friendly franchise film factory, Disney’s production president Sean Bailey has made a 2-year first look deal with Gil Netter and his Netter Productions banner. Netter, who had a deal at 20th Century Fox, certainly fits that family mandate: his most recent producing credits include Marley & Me and The Blind Side, which got him nominated for Best Picture. Netter’s currently working on the Ang Lee-directed Life of Pi, based on the Yann Martel novel adapted by David Magee. Netter just wrapped Water for Elephants, the Richard LaGravanese-scripted adaptation of the Sara Gruen novel which stars Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson and Christof Waltz.
Disney Pacts For First Look With Gil Netter
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'