EXCLUSIVE: After ending a bunch of old producing pacts as the studio remade itself into a family-friendly franchise film factory, Disney’s production president Sean Bailey has made a 2-year first look deal with Gil Netter and his Netter Productions banner. Netter, who had a deal at 20th Century Fox, certainly fits that family mandate: his most recent producing credits include Marley & Me and The Blind Side, which got him nominated for Best Picture. Netter’s currently working on the Ang Lee-directed Life of Pi, based on the Yann Martel novel adapted by David Magee. Netter just wrapped Water for Elephants, the Richard LaGravanese-scripted adaptation of the Sara Gruen novel which stars Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson and Christof Waltz.
Disney Pacts For First Look With Gil Netter
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- CNN Gun Violence Town Hall Trounces Competition In Early Tally
- ‘Killing Eve’: First Trailer For BBC America Drama Starring Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer
- ‘Safe Harbor’: Josh Randall & Vanessa Vasquez Cast In ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Harry & Meghan’: Lifetime’s ‘A Royal Romance’ Casts Its Prince William…
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- ‘The Flash’: Candice Patton Suits Up As Superhero For The First Time