EXCLUSIVE: FX has added two more No.1 summer movies to its roster, acquiring the TV rights to Sony’s The Other Guys and Takers, both expected to fit right into the cable net’s core male demo. As part of the five-movie package deal with Sony Pictures TV, FX also picked up 3 other 2010 titles, romantic drama Dear John, which also opened at No.1 in February, urban comedy Death at a Funeral and the Jennifer Aniston-Gerard Butler action comedy The Bounty Hunter. Terms for the acquisition are said to be standard, with license fees in the 10-12% of the domestic box-office range, depending on each movie’s overall performance. The Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg starrer The Other Guys is the biggest grosser among the 5 as the buddy cop comedy just passed the $100 million mark at the domestic boxoffice. The Screen Gems crime thriller Takers, which snuck up on The Last Exorcism to claim the top boxoffice spot this past weekend, has amassed $24 million to date. Dear John, starring Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum, grossed $80 million, Death at a Funeral: $42.7 million and Bounty Hunter: $67 million. Other Guys, Takers and Dear John join a slew of other top summer/spring movies FX had picked up, including Iron Man 2 (through the network’s output deal with Marvel), Shrek Forever After and How To Train Your Dragon (through its output deal with DreamWorks Animation), The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (through its pact with Summit), Date Night as well as Salt, Grown Ups and The Karate Kid, all 3 from Sony. FX has in the hopper another Ferrell comedy, Step Brothers, and also has the rights to Ferrell’s upcoming DreamWorks animated comedy Megamind through the output deal.
FX Picks Up Rights To 'Other Guys,' 'Takers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers' Flies To Mighty $3.6M & Burns 'Life' & 'CHIPS'; 'Beauty And The Beast' Still A B.O. Monster: Thursday Night
Latest TV News
- Sharon Lawrence Joins ‘Me, Myself & I’ CBS Pilot; ‘Mission Control’ Adds Wunmi Mosaku
- Donald Trump’s Ex-Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort Volunteers To Talk To House Intel Committee About Russia Ties
- Jamie McShane Joins ‘Shelter’ NBC Pilot; Dulce Sloan In Fox’s ‘Type-A’
- Donald Trump Tweets First Shot On Trumpcare Vote Day
- UK Gets ‘Orange Is The New Black’; BAFTA TV Sets Date & Sponsor; ‘Project Runway’ In Latin America…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits