EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search, British actress Shelley Conn has landed the female lead opposite Jason O’Mara and Stephen Lang on Fox’s upcoming adventure series Terra Nova. The project, produced by Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin, follows Jim Shannon (O’Mara), Elizabeth Shannon (Conn) and their 3 kids – an ordinary family from 2149 who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization. Production on Terra Nova, from 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment, Kapital Entertainment and DreamWorks TV, is scheduled to begin in October in Australia. The series will launch in fall 2011 after a preview in May. While she has an extensive TV series resume in the U.K., Conn, repped by Gersh, Management 360 and UK’s United Agents, is virtually unknown in the U.S. She had a part in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and will next be seen in James L. Brooks’ How Do You Know.
Fox Series 'Terra Nova' Finds Female Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate