EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search, British actress Shelley Conn has landed the female lead opposite Jason O’Mara and Stephen Lang on Fox’s upcoming adventure series Terra Nova. The project, produced by Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin, follows Jim Shannon (O’Mara), Elizabeth Shannon (Conn) and their 3 kids – an ordinary family from 2149 who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization. Production on Terra Nova, from 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment, Kapital Entertainment and DreamWorks TV, is scheduled to begin in October in Australia. The series will launch in fall 2011 after a preview in May. While she has an extensive TV series resume in the U.K., Conn, repped by Gersh, Management 360 and UK’s United Agents, is virtually unknown in the U.S. She had a part in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and will next be seen in James L. Brooks’ How Do You Know.
Fox Series 'Terra Nova' Finds Female Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…
- The A.V. Club Sets Up At Fusion; Weekly Show To Bow This Year
- NFL Draft Day 1 Viewership Down From 2015; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Wins Demo
- Ryan Reynolds Pens Moving Tribute To ‘Deadpool’ Fan Who Died Of Cancer
- Elisabeth Moss To Star In Straight-To-Series Drama ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ On Hulu
- Joy Reid Takes Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC Timeslot Starting May 7