The UK’s most prolific producer, currently developing Aishwarya Rai project Spy Princess, has teamed up with Dutch director Jacco Groen’s Spring Films and Netherlands-based producer Jos van der Pal’s AV-motion pictures to make €1.5 million Lilet Never Happened. Shooting is planned to start January 2011. Lilet Never Happened looks at the underbelly of child prostitution in the Philippines. The story is based on the true story of one Filipina child prostitute in Manila. Sandy Talag, a teenage star in the Philippines, will play the lead. Groen has already shot footage as a finance tool. The filmmakers are raising some of the budget from national and international child welfare agencies as well as commercial sources.
F&ME Boards Child Prostitution Exposé
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets