I’m told that Römer has increasingly found himself a fish out of water at Endemol. Römer developed Big Brother with company founder John De Mol and, as exec producer, steered the show through its Netherlands launch and the US after that. He was only appointed Chief Creative Officer in 2009. Römer is being replaced by a creative board that includes company president Marco Bassetti; Tim Hincks, CEO of Endemol UK; and David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America. The board will oversee and direct new TV formats, such as 101 Ways To Leave a Gameshow, which has been playing during the key Saturday night slot here on BBC1. Fox in the US has commissioned a broadcast pilot, while Germany, Brazil and Turkey are making their own versions of the show, where contestants are violently ejected from the quiz.
Endemol Chief Creative Paul Römer Quits
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- 'The Man In The High Castle' EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
- Vice Media Ups Ciel Hunter To Head Of Content; Fusion Promotes Three Content Execs
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Man In The High Castle’ EPs Talk How Amazon Alt-History Series Reflects “Our World”…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Bryan Cranston & Anthony Mackie Talk LBJ, MLK Jr & HBO’s ‘All The Way…
- Comedy Writer Niki Schwartz-Wright Inks 20th TV Overall Deal, Joins ‘Speechless’
- ‘Young & Hungry’ Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other…