I’m told that Römer has increasingly found himself a fish out of water at Endemol. Römer developed Big Brother with company founder John De Mol and, as exec producer, steered the show through its Netherlands launch and the US after that. He was only appointed Chief Creative Officer in 2009. Römer is being replaced by a creative board that includes company president Marco Bassetti; Tim Hincks, CEO of Endemol UK; and David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America. The board will oversee and direct new TV formats, such as 101 Ways To Leave a Gameshow, which has been playing during the key Saturday night slot here on BBC1. Fox in the US has commissioned a broadcast pilot, while Germany, Brazil and Turkey are making their own versions of the show, where contestants are violently ejected from the quiz.
Endemol Chief Creative Paul Römer Quits
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report
- Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence…
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz; Spokesperson Responds…
- ‘The Expanse’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date; Unveils Trailer
- Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
- Todd Holland To Direct ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Steps’