I’m told that Römer has increasingly found himself a fish out of water at Endemol. Römer developed Big Brother with company founder John De Mol and, as exec producer, steered the show through its Netherlands launch and the US after that. He was only appointed Chief Creative Officer in 2009. Römer is being replaced by a creative board that includes company president Marco Bassetti; Tim Hincks, CEO of Endemol UK; and David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America. The board will oversee and direct new TV formats, such as 101 Ways To Leave a Gameshow, which has been playing during the key Saturday night slot here on BBC1. Fox in the US has commissioned a broadcast pilot, while Germany, Brazil and Turkey are making their own versions of the show, where contestants are violently ejected from the quiz.
Endemol Chief Creative Paul Römer Quits
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return