Broadcast wasn’t the only one debuting series last night. The fifth season premiere of Showtime’s flagship drama Dexter drew 1.8 million viewers, the series’ highest-rated debut to date and Showtime’s highest-rated original series premiere in 15 years. It was up 16% from last year’s opener but down from the show’s record-setting finale last season, which drew 2.6 million viewers. Including a rerun at 11 PM, the Dexter premiere last night was watched by a total of 2.3 million viewers, 22% up from last year. (Yet to come in are the ratings for HBO’s premieres of Bored to Death and Eastbound and Down last night.)
'Dexter' Posts Showtime's Best Premiere
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'