CNN is a ratings mess right now, and the cable news channel is bringing in the guy who talent-scouted Glenn Beck, Nancy Grace, and Joy Behar to fix it. It’s getting its clocked cleaned by Fox News, and TPTB finally are doing something about it. But is it too late? CNN today announced that 6-year president Jonathan Klein is being replaced by sister channel HLN’s Ken Jautz, who now becomes the EVP of CNN/U.S. At one time known as Headline News, HLN is now the scandal channel — and ratings have surged. What this portends for bland and boring CNN I don’t even wanna predict. Chief marketer Scot Safon will take over HLN.
CNN Shakeup: Jon Klein Out, Ken Jautz In
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love