CNN is a ratings mess right now, and the cable news channel is bringing in the guy who talent-scouted Glenn Beck, Nancy Grace, and Joy Behar to fix it. It’s getting its clocked cleaned by Fox News, and TPTB finally are doing something about it. But is it too late? CNN today announced that 6-year president Jonathan Klein is being replaced by sister channel HLN’s Ken Jautz, who now becomes the EVP of CNN/U.S. At one time known as Headline News, HLN is now the scandal channel — and ratings have surged. What this portends for bland and boring CNN I don’t even wanna predict. Chief marketer Scot Safon will take over HLN.
CNN Shakeup: Jon Klein Out, Ken Jautz In
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA