CBS has signed a new three-year agreement with the Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing to broadcast the Tony Awards through 2013. The Tonys are not a big ratings performer – this year’s ceremony averaged a 1.2 rating/3 share among adults 18-49 and 7 million viewers overall. But carrying the Broadway-centric awards show has become a tradition for CBS since 1978. The network will air the upcoming 65th annual Tony Awards in June 2011.
CBS Renews Tony Awards Through 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Ashleigh Banfield Doubles Down On Aziz Ansari Accusations: “Sloppy & Reckless”
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Series Finale Trailer: Final 6 Episodes To Roll Out Over 3 Weeks On Disney XD
- Steve Harvey’s Daytime Talk Show Renewed For Second Season
- TGIT Returns Strong, ‘The Four’ Steady, ‘Supernatural’ Ratings On Par With Spinoff Episode
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series