CBS has signed a new three-year agreement with the Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing to broadcast the Tony Awards through 2013. The Tonys are not a big ratings performer – this year’s ceremony averaged a 1.2 rating/3 share among adults 18-49 and 7 million viewers overall. But carrying the Broadway-centric awards show has become a tradition for CBS since 1978. The network will air the upcoming 65th annual Tony Awards in June 2011.
CBS Renews Tony Awards Through 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser
- NBA All-Star Game Nets 7.8 Million Total Viewers Across TNT & TBS
- Milo Yiannopoulos Uninvited From Keynoting At Conservative Confab In Washington
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’