A day after FX’s Sons of Anarchy returned with 4.13 million viewers, the network’s new drama Terriers debuted with 1.6 million total viewers last night, 659,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. This marks the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, which was surprising given the show’s pedigree (it hails from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Ocean’s Eleven writer Ted Griffin, mostly positive reviews and extensive marketing campaign (though I have to admit I didn’t care much for the snarling dog, the title of the show was confusing enough). FX is not giving up on the new series though. To help Terriers get traction, the network will rebroadcast the premiere episode after Sons of Anarchy next Tuesday.
CABLE RATINGS RAT RACE: Disappointing Start For New FX Drama 'Terriers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The Exorcist’ Adds Li Jun Li As Season 2 Series Regular
- Starz & 50 Cent Want Plug Pulled On ‘Power’ Copyright Suit
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff: Jaina Lee Ortiz To Star In New Shondaland Series On ABC
- ‘Boston Strong,’ ‘The Finest Hours’ Author Acquires Rights To Biker-Turns-Undercover-Cop True Story
- Bonnie Pan Tapped As AwesomenessTV Head Of Network
- Verve Launches Communications Arm, Hires Sarah Shulman To Run It