A day after FX’s Sons of Anarchy returned with 4.13 million viewers, the network’s new drama Terriers debuted with 1.6 million total viewers last night, 659,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. This marks the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, which was surprising given the show’s pedigree (it hails from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Ocean’s Eleven writer Ted Griffin, mostly positive reviews and extensive marketing campaign (though I have to admit I didn’t care much for the snarling dog, the title of the show was confusing enough). FX is not giving up on the new series though. To help Terriers get traction, the network will rebroadcast the premiere episode after Sons of Anarchy next Tuesday.
CABLE RATINGS RAT RACE: Disappointing Start For New FX Drama 'Terriers'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres