A day after FX’s Sons of Anarchy returned with 4.13 million viewers, the network’s new drama Terriers debuted with 1.6 million total viewers last night, 659,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. This marks the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, which was surprising given the show’s pedigree (it hails from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Ocean’s Eleven writer Ted Griffin, mostly positive reviews and extensive marketing campaign (though I have to admit I didn’t care much for the snarling dog, the title of the show was confusing enough). FX is not giving up on the new series though. To help Terriers get traction, the network will rebroadcast the premiere episode after Sons of Anarchy next Tuesday.
CABLE RATINGS RAT RACE: Disappointing Start For New FX Drama 'Terriers'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Fox Nabs ‘Revival’ Comedy Produced By Nahnatchka Khan About ’80s Sitcom Reboot As Put Pilot
- Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Renewed For Season 2 By TruTV
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Comedy Series
- Hollywood Responds To Confederate Statue Controversy; Johnny Cash Family “Sickened” By Neo-Nazi Fan
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested – Update
- Esai Morales Threatens Election Fraud Complaint If “Petty Politics” Continue At SAG-AFTRA