A day after FX’s Sons of Anarchy returned with 4.13 million viewers, the network’s new drama Terriers debuted with 1.6 million total viewers last night, 659,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. This marks the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, which was surprising given the show’s pedigree (it hails from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Ocean’s Eleven writer Ted Griffin, mostly positive reviews and extensive marketing campaign (though I have to admit I didn’t care much for the snarling dog, the title of the show was confusing enough). FX is not giving up on the new series though. To help Terriers get traction, the network will rebroadcast the premiere episode after Sons of Anarchy next Tuesday.
CABLE RATINGS RAT RACE: Disappointing Start For New FX Drama 'Terriers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
Disney's 'Zootopia' Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
Latest TV News
- CBS Nabs ‘S.W.A.T.’ Drama Inspired By Movie From Shawn Ryan, Justin Lin, Neal Moritz & ‘FNL’ Alum With…
- Lifetime Ups Mariana Flynn To SVP Unscripted Development & Programming
- Alan Cumming To Star In ‘Dr. Death’ CBS Crime Drama From James Patterson, Michael Rauch & Alex Kurtzman
- Bainframe Acquires Allen Steele's ‘Coyote’ Sci-Fi Book Series For TV Adaptation
- ‘Channel Zero: Candle Cove’ Premiere, More Set For Syfy’s ’31 Days Of Halloween’
- Disney Exploring A Possible Twitter Bid: Report