A day after FX’s Sons of Anarchy returned with 4.13 million viewers, the network’s new drama Terriers debuted with 1.6 million total viewers last night, 659,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. This marks the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, which was surprising given the show’s pedigree (it hails from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Ocean’s Eleven writer Ted Griffin, mostly positive reviews and extensive marketing campaign (though I have to admit I didn’t care much for the snarling dog, the title of the show was confusing enough). FX is not giving up on the new series though. To help Terriers get traction, the network will rebroadcast the premiere episode after Sons of Anarchy next Tuesday.
CABLE RATINGS RAT RACE: Disappointing Start For New FX Drama 'Terriers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’: The Story Behind The Salary Soundbite That Went Viral
- Lilla Crawford Books Lead In ABC’s Bobby Bowman Comedy Pilot; Will Kindrachuk Cast
- ‘King Lear’: First-Look At Anthony Hopkins & Emma Thompson’s Adaptation For BBC & Amazon
- Donald Trump Vows To Beat Up Joe Biden: Overcompensating Old Men 2018
- Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Acquires The Weather Channel TV Network For $300 Million
- Frank Avruch Dies: TV Personality Known For Playing Bozo The Clown Was 89