A lot of Lady Gaga mixed with a little Justin Bieber and some Kanye West/Taylor Swift controversy led to a big turnout for the 2010 Video Music Awards on MTV last night. The ceremony hosted by Chelsea Handler, who was mostly panned for her emcee job, averaged 11.4 million viewers and a 10.0 rating in persons 12-34 (7.9 million viewers in the demo), the network’s best deliveries for any program in 8 years, since the 2002 VMAs. Overall, this was the third most watched telecast in MTV’s history. Among the highlights (or lowlights): Gaga’s meat dress, Cher’s barely-there dress, Lindsay Lohan’s drinking advice for Handler and Handler’s stint in a bathtub with the cast of Jersey Shore cast that resulted in her getting pregnant.
CABLE RAT RACE: 11.4 Million Watch VMAs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement