A lot of Lady Gaga mixed with a little Justin Bieber and some Kanye West/Taylor Swift controversy led to a big turnout for the 2010 Video Music Awards on MTV last night. The ceremony hosted by Chelsea Handler, who was mostly panned for her emcee job, averaged 11.4 million viewers and a 10.0 rating in persons 12-34 (7.9 million viewers in the demo), the network’s best deliveries for any program in 8 years, since the 2002 VMAs. Overall, this was the third most watched telecast in MTV’s history. Among the highlights (or lowlights): Gaga’s meat dress, Cher’s barely-there dress, Lindsay Lohan’s drinking advice for Handler and Handler’s stint in a bathtub with the cast of Jersey Shore cast that resulted in her getting pregnant.
CABLE RAT RACE: 11.4 Million Watch VMAs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Move! Binge-Watching May Be Hazardous To Your Health: Report
- ‘A Million Little Things’: Anne Son To Co-Star In ABC Drama Pilot
- Timothy Hutton To Star In ‘Main Justice’; David Semel To Direct, Sunil Nayar Set As Showrunner Of CBS Pilot
- MSNBC Alum Dylan Ratigan Running For Congress
- CBS Launches ‘Eye Speak’ Female Empowerment & Leadership Program
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Graves Disease; Show To Go On 3-Week Hiatus