A lot of Lady Gaga mixed with a little Justin Bieber and some Kanye West/Taylor Swift controversy led to a big turnout for the 2010 Video Music Awards on MTV last night. The ceremony hosted by Chelsea Handler, who was mostly panned for her emcee job, averaged 11.4 million viewers and a 10.0 rating in persons 12-34 (7.9 million viewers in the demo), the network’s best deliveries for any program in 8 years, since the 2002 VMAs. Overall, this was the third most watched telecast in MTV’s history. Among the highlights (or lowlights): Gaga’s meat dress, Cher’s barely-there dress, Lindsay Lohan’s drinking advice for Handler and Handler’s stint in a bathtub with the cast of Jersey Shore cast that resulted in her getting pregnant.
CABLE RAT RACE: 11.4 Million Watch VMAs
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?