TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight’s Revelation, Surprise Guest & What’s Next In…
- Robert Knepper Staying On ‘iZombie’ After Inquiry Into Sexual Misconduct Claims Found “No Evidence Of Wrongdoing”…
- ABC Pulls ‘The Great American Baking Show’ & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ Review: Muscles From Brussels Is Strong In Satire
- Donald Trump Wishes Omarosa “Continued Success” After She Exits White House Under Security Escort
- ‘Tavis Smiley’ Talk Show Suspended After PBS Investigation Into Sexual Misconduct Claims Against Host