TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- FX Acquires ‘Jumanji’, ‘Transformers’, ‘Murder On the Orient Express’, ‘All the Money In the World’…
- Super Bowl Ad Rates Have Soared 87% In 10 Years Even With More Clutter: Study
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- ‘The Bold Type’ Ups Nikohl Boosheri & Stephen Conrad Moore to Regulars; Sets Season 2 Premiere
- ‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’: Freeform Releases Footage, Sets Premiere Date
- ‘Siren’ Teaser: Freeform Splashes New Trailer, Cast Photo Of Mermaid Thriller