TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Donald Trump’s Mic Really Did Have Issues, Says Debate Commission
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Cast As New Regular After Thomas Gibson’s Exit
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps