TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- CBS Orders Small-Town Family Comedy Pilot From Stephnie Weir & Greg Garcia
- Riley Smith To Star In the CW’s ‘Frequency’ Reboot
- Joe Carnahan To Adapt Mark Donald’s ‘Battle Ready’ Memoir As TV Series
- BET’s New Red Carpet Fashion Show Snubs Oscars
- Essence Atkins Set As The Female Lead In Marlon Wayans’ NBC Comedy Pilot
- Young William Shakespeare TNT Pilot ‘Will’ Casts Colm Meaney & Mattias Inwood