TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- Snapchat To Shut Down Snap Channel, Laying Off Team, Changing Content Plans
- Men Have Most Fun Discussing ‘The Affair’ — New York PaleyFest
- Felicity Huffman To Produce & Possibly Star In ABC Fashion Biz Comedic Drama
- Donald Trump Wins Stephen Colbert’s Third Week As ‘Late Show’ Host In L+7
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ Premiere Grows To 12.17M Total Viewers In Live+3