TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ADHD Comedy ‘Golan the Insatiable’ Heads To Fox Primetime For Summer Run
- USA Picks Up 1940s Hollywood Drama Pilot ‘Paradise Pictures’ From ‘Suits’ Duo
- Cablevision Has A Deal With Hulu, But Won’t Say What It Entails
- Winter Ave Zoli, Kelly Overton, Aisling Franciosi, Steve Kazee Join TNT’s ‘Legends’
- PILOTS 2015: NBC Dramas Begin Staffing
- Transformers, G.I. Joe, Other Hasbro Animated Series Storm Vimeo On Demand