BREAKING: While the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed Biutiful already figured to be an Oscar contender for a performance by Javier Bardem that won Best Actor honors at Cannes, the picture is now a contender for Best Foreign Language film. Biutiful, which was picked up for distribution by Mickey Liddell and Roadside Attractions, has just been selected as Mexico’s official entry for the 2010 Academy Awards. The picture will be released December 29 in New York and Los Angeles to qualify for Oscars and will get a wider release early next year.
'Biutiful' Gets Foothold In Oscar Race As Mexico's Submission
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy