BREAKING: While the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed Biutiful already figured to be an Oscar contender for a performance by Javier Bardem that won Best Actor honors at Cannes, the picture is now a contender for Best Foreign Language film. Biutiful, which was picked up for distribution by Mickey Liddell and Roadside Attractions, has just been selected as Mexico’s official entry for the 2010 Academy Awards. The picture will be released December 29 in New York and Los Angeles to qualify for Oscars and will get a wider release early next year.
'Biutiful' Gets Foothold In Oscar Race As Mexico's Submission
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring