BREAKING: While the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed Biutiful already figured to be an Oscar contender for a performance by Javier Bardem that won Best Actor honors at Cannes, the picture is now a contender for Best Foreign Language film. Biutiful, which was picked up for distribution by Mickey Liddell and Roadside Attractions, has just been selected as Mexico’s official entry for the 2010 Academy Awards. The picture will be released December 29 in New York and Los Angeles to qualify for Oscars and will get a wider release early next year.
'Biutiful' Gets Foothold In Oscar Race As Mexico's Submission
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border