Yet another sign The Big Bang Theory is on track to become the next Friends (See my May column Is ‘The Big Bang’ The Next ‘Friends’?). The comedy series, which had a great debut on CBS last night in the former Friends slot, also scored huge ratings in Canada where it also relocated from Mondays to Thursdays at 8 PM. On CTV, the show drew drew 3.11 million viewers. That is the second most watched comedy series telecast in Canada ever. What is No. 1? The finale of Friends.
'Big Bang' Is Big North Of The Border, Too
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh