Yet another sign The Big Bang Theory is on track to become the next Friends (See my May column Is ‘The Big Bang’ The Next ‘Friends’?). The comedy series, which had a great debut on CBS last night in the former Friends slot, also scored huge ratings in Canada where it also relocated from Mondays to Thursdays at 8 PM. On CTV, the show drew drew 3.11 million viewers. That is the second most watched comedy series telecast in Canada ever. What is No. 1? The finale of Friends.
'Big Bang' Is Big North Of The Border, Too
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS