UPDATE: Danny Cohen has already been promised the job for promising not to apply for Chief Creative Officer job at Channel 4, I’m told. Hunt joins Channel 4 as CCO in early January. Julian Bellamy, who has been acting CCO, will exit the network after a handover period. Hunt has only been with BBC1 for 2½ years, where her successes include Sherlock and, to a lesser extent, Luther. Before that she was controller of BBC Daytime. Hunt’s new job will have a wider remit than the one Bellamy has been doing, embracing new media as well. Channel 4 trumpets Hunt commissioning the online Doctor Who game, for example. Her programme budget at Channel 4 will be halved though. As BBC1 controller, Hunt has $1.7 billion a year to play with; at Channel 4 just $844.8 million. Hunt will be paid just under $600,000 a year.
BBC3 Controller Danny Cohen Tipped To Replace Jay Hunt As BBC1 Boss
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison