UPDATE: Danny Cohen has already been promised the job for promising not to apply for Chief Creative Officer job at Channel 4, I’m told. Hunt joins Channel 4 as CCO in early January. Julian Bellamy, who has been acting CCO, will exit the network after a handover period. Hunt has only been with BBC1 for 2½ years, where her successes include Sherlock and, to a lesser extent, Luther. Before that she was controller of BBC Daytime. Hunt’s new job will have a wider remit than the one Bellamy has been doing, embracing new media as well. Channel 4 trumpets Hunt commissioning the online Doctor Who game, for example. Her programme budget at Channel 4 will be halved though. As BBC1 controller, Hunt has $1.7 billion a year to play with; at Channel 4 just $844.8 million. Hunt will be paid just under $600,000 a year.
BBC3 Controller Danny Cohen Tipped To Replace Jay Hunt As BBC1 Boss
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter