The London-based sales agent has closed a first-look deal with the indie New York-based producer. Bankside Films will have an exclusive first option to co-finance, and, where appropriate, executive produce movies with indie doyennes Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler. Projects covered include comedy Dealin With Idiots, the next film from Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm), about pushy parents driving their kids to succeed at sports, and Hilary Brougher’s adaptation of Innocence, Jane Mendelsohn’s vampire teen novel about a schoolgirl unaware that her school is really a vampire coven intent on making her a virgin sacrifice. Killer is currently in post on HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Todd Haynes. The deal — negotiated by CAA for Killer — represents a step up for Bankside, one of the few Brit sales agents which offers equity finance.
UK's Bankside Signs Deal With Killer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Netflix's Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series Casts Miranda Otto As Aunt Zelda
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- Disney Channel’s ‘Zombies’ Premiere Beats Friday Olympics In Kid Demos