The London-based sales agent has closed a first-look deal with the indie New York-based producer. Bankside Films will have an exclusive first option to co-finance, and, where appropriate, executive produce movies with indie doyennes Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler. Projects covered include comedy Dealin With Idiots, the next film from Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm), about pushy parents driving their kids to succeed at sports, and Hilary Brougher’s adaptation of Innocence, Jane Mendelsohn’s vampire teen novel about a schoolgirl unaware that her school is really a vampire coven intent on making her a virgin sacrifice. Killer is currently in post on HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Todd Haynes. The deal — negotiated by CAA for Killer — represents a step up for Bankside, one of the few Brit sales agents which offers equity finance.
UK's Bankside Signs Deal With Killer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two