The London-based sales agent has closed a first-look deal with the indie New York-based producer. Bankside Films will have an exclusive first option to co-finance, and, where appropriate, executive produce movies with indie doyennes Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler. Projects covered include comedy Dealin With Idiots, the next film from Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm), about pushy parents driving their kids to succeed at sports, and Hilary Brougher’s adaptation of Innocence, Jane Mendelsohn’s vampire teen novel about a schoolgirl unaware that her school is really a vampire coven intent on making her a virgin sacrifice. Killer is currently in post on HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Todd Haynes. The deal — negotiated by CAA for Killer — represents a step up for Bankside, one of the few Brit sales agents which offers equity finance.
UK's Bankside Signs Deal With Killer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign