The London-based sales agent has closed a first-look deal with the indie New York-based producer. Bankside Films will have an exclusive first option to co-finance, and, where appropriate, executive produce movies with indie doyennes Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler. Projects covered include comedy Dealin With Idiots, the next film from Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm), about pushy parents driving their kids to succeed at sports, and Hilary Brougher’s adaptation of Innocence, Jane Mendelsohn’s vampire teen novel about a schoolgirl unaware that her school is really a vampire coven intent on making her a virgin sacrifice. Killer is currently in post on HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Todd Haynes. The deal — negotiated by CAA for Killer — represents a step up for Bankside, one of the few Brit sales agents which offers equity finance.
UK's Bankside Signs Deal With Killer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television