The London-based sales agent has closed a first-look deal with the indie New York-based producer. Bankside Films will have an exclusive first option to co-finance, and, where appropriate, executive produce movies with indie doyennes Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler. Projects covered include comedy Dealin With Idiots, the next film from Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm), about pushy parents driving their kids to succeed at sports, and Hilary Brougher’s adaptation of Innocence, Jane Mendelsohn’s vampire teen novel about a schoolgirl unaware that her school is really a vampire coven intent on making her a virgin sacrifice. Killer is currently in post on HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet and directed by Todd Haynes. The deal — negotiated by CAA for Killer — represents a step up for Bankside, one of the few Brit sales agents which offers equity finance.
UK's Bankside Signs Deal With Killer Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Shane Brennan Drama ‘Here & Now’ About Cop With Amnesia Set At CBS
- ‘Loudermilk’: Will Sasso Joins Ron Livingston In Audience Network Comedy Series
- NAPTE Announces Keynote Speakers & New Initiatives For 2017 Conference
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate