EXCLUSIVE: Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, the How I Met Your Mother writer-producers who co-wrote CBS’ pilot Livin’ on a Prayer with HIMYM creators-executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas last season, are back in pilot contention with a new comedy project at ABC. The project, about a couple’s exploration of quality of life both before and after kids, is a multi-camera hybrid in the mold of HIMYM. I hear it landed at ABC with a hefty penalty after bidding from multiple networks. 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind HIMYM and Livin’ on a Prayer, is producing. Kang has been on HIMYM since after the pilot while Kelly joined at the beginning of Season 3. Both are with UTA.
ABC Picks Up Comedy From 'HIMYM' Duo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order