EXCLUSIVE: Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, the How I Met Your Mother writer-producers who co-wrote CBS’ pilot Livin’ on a Prayer with HIMYM creators-executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas last season, are back in pilot contention with a new comedy project at ABC. The project, about a couple’s exploration of quality of life both before and after kids, is a multi-camera hybrid in the mold of HIMYM. I hear it landed at ABC with a hefty penalty after bidding from multiple networks. 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind HIMYM and Livin’ on a Prayer, is producing. Kang has been on HIMYM since after the pilot while Kelly joined at the beginning of Season 3. Both are with UTA.
ABC Picks Up Comedy From 'HIMYM' Duo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe