WWE Studios has begun production on Bending the Rules, a drama that allows Jamie Kennedy to go mano a mano with WWE ring star Adam “Edge” Copeland. Kennedy plays a district attorney who’s trying to bring down a rogue New Orleans police detective (Copeland) on corruption charges. One the day the DA loses his case, his prized possession, a 1956 Studebaker Goldenhawk gets swiped and complications ensue as the lawyer tries to get his car back. Jessica Walter, Jennifer Esposito, Alicia Witt and Phillip Baker Hall round out the cast. Saving Grace exec producer Artie Mandelberg directs a script by Dylan Schaffer. This is the latest in a series of nine films that Vince McMahon’s WWE is financing and shooting in quick succession. The film program is being supervised by producer and WWE Studios exec veep Michael Pavone and the slate culminates in WWE’s first wrestling-related storyline: a biopic of Gorgeous George, the flamboyant grappler who came of age during the advent of television. The pictures, which usually put at least one wrestler in a role, cost about $7 million each to make. Paradigm and 3 Arts rep Kennedy.
WWE Studios Starts 'Bending The Rules'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘There’s Johnny’: Ian Nelson, Jane Levy, Tony Danza & Roger Bart Join Seeso Series
- Fox News Channel Covers Donald Trump’s First Full Week In White House With Thinned Contributor Herd
- ‘Greenleaf’ Season 2 Gets Spring Premiere Date On OWN
- ‘Teachers’ Season 2 Premiere Breaks Ratings Records For TV Land In Live+3
- ESPN’s Bob Ley & Jeremy Schaap Get Larger Roles As ‘Outside The Lines’ & ‘E:60’ Expand; ‘Sports Reporters…
- ‘Hunted’ Off To Solid Ratings Start Following AFC Championship On CBS