WWE Studios has begun production on Bending the Rules, a drama that allows Jamie Kennedy to go mano a mano with WWE ring star Adam “Edge” Copeland. Kennedy plays a district attorney who’s trying to bring down a rogue New Orleans police detective (Copeland) on corruption charges. One the day the DA loses his case, his prized possession, a 1956 Studebaker Goldenhawk gets swiped and complications ensue as the lawyer tries to get his car back. Jessica Walter, Jennifer Esposito, Alicia Witt and Phillip Baker Hall round out the cast. Saving Grace exec producer Artie Mandelberg directs a script by Dylan Schaffer. This is the latest in a series of nine films that Vince McMahon’s WWE is financing and shooting in quick succession. The film program is being supervised by producer and WWE Studios exec veep Michael Pavone and the slate culminates in WWE’s first wrestling-related storyline: a biopic of Gorgeous George, the flamboyant grappler who came of age during the advent of television. The pictures, which usually put at least one wrestler in a role, cost about $7 million each to make. Paradigm and 3 Arts rep Kennedy.
WWE Studios Starts 'Bending The Rules'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Croisette Queen Nicole Kidman On Coming To The Fest With Four Films & The Runaway Success Of ‘Big Little Lies…
- Will ‘Underground’ Become Casualty Of Sinclair’s Tribune Takeover? Hopes For Acclaimed Drama Fade As…
- How ‘Search Party’ Broke All The Rules Of Television On Its Way To TBS Success – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Cavaliers’ Win Scores NBA Playoffs Ratings Victory, ‘Beat Shazam’ Solid
- NBC’s Lester Holt Wins May Sweep In Demo; ABC’s David Muir Dominates In Total Viewers
- ‘This Is Us’ Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers