WWE Studios has begun production on Bending the Rules, a drama that allows Jamie Kennedy to go mano a mano with WWE ring star Adam “Edge” Copeland. Kennedy plays a district attorney who’s trying to bring down a rogue New Orleans police detective (Copeland) on corruption charges. One the day the DA loses his case, his prized possession, a 1956 Studebaker Goldenhawk gets swiped and complications ensue as the lawyer tries to get his car back. Jessica Walter, Jennifer Esposito, Alicia Witt and Phillip Baker Hall round out the cast. Saving Grace exec producer Artie Mandelberg directs a script by Dylan Schaffer. This is the latest in a series of nine films that Vince McMahon’s WWE is financing and shooting in quick succession. The film program is being supervised by producer and WWE Studios exec veep Michael Pavone and the slate culminates in WWE’s first wrestling-related storyline: a biopic of Gorgeous George, the flamboyant grappler who came of age during the advent of television. The pictures, which usually put at least one wrestler in a role, cost about $7 million each to make. Paradigm and 3 Arts rep Kennedy.
WWE Studios Starts 'Bending The Rules'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Kicks Off ‘Late Show’ DNC Week With Trippy Song And Dance
- Stephen Colbert Rushes DNC Podium With Security In Hot Pursuit
- Michelle Obama’s Stirring DNC Speech Gets Rousing Hollywood Reaction
- Bernie Sanders “Disappointed” But Offers Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton – After Awhile
- Donald Trump Claims Elizabeth Warren “Misrepresented” Him In Hard-Hitting DNC Speech – Update
- Michelle Obama’s Powerful DNC Speech Praises Clinton, Dumps On Trump – And Ignores Melania