Shed Media, the UK producer which Time Warner wants for £100 million, has announced a 22% rise in first-half profits to £6.2 million ($4 million). Turnover was also up 27% in the first six months to £59 million. This broke down into £25.5 million from its UK production business, £26.2 million from U.S. production and £7.3 from programmes sales. Chairman Heather Rabbatts singled out the launch of the U.S. version of Who Do You Think You Are? and the continued success of Supernanny in the States as factors behind Shed Media U.S. growth. The Time Warner/Shed Media deal looks set for mid-October.
Shed Media Profits +22% Before TW Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18