Shed Media, the UK producer which Time Warner wants for £100 million, has announced a 22% rise in first-half profits to £6.2 million ($4 million). Turnover was also up 27% in the first six months to £59 million. This broke down into £25.5 million from its UK production business, £26.2 million from U.S. production and £7.3 from programmes sales. Chairman Heather Rabbatts singled out the launch of the U.S. version of Who Do You Think You Are? and the continued success of Supernanny in the States as factors behind Shed Media U.S. growth. The Time Warner/Shed Media deal looks set for mid-October.
Shed Media Profits +22% Before TW Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97