As predicted, Warner Bros is set to buy Brit TV production company Shed Media, maker of such programmes as Supernanny and The Choir, for around £100 million ($159 million) to boost its presence in the key market. Warner Bros, part of Time Warner, says the price represented a premium of around 73% from July 29, the last business day before the start of the offer period. Warner is buying a 56% stake in the company from Shed’s management. WB says it has received undertakings from around 73% of Shed shareholders backing the deal. Shed says the deal will enable it to grow further, with the backing of a large international group. The studio must have wanted Shed badly. Back in June, the talk was of Warner offering £75 million for Shed. Managers were understood to be holding out for £90 million. Shed executives are now set for a windfall. Exec Alex Graham will earn £12 million from the deal, while Shed co-founder Eileen Gallagher could earn £7.5 million. Graham has already made £20 million from selling his independent TV company Wall to Wall to Shed in 2007. Who says you can’t make money from the entertainment business?
Warner Bros Buys Shed Media For $159M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks