I’m told Oscar-winning producer Mark Johnson and his Gran VIA production company have signed with UTA for representation in television. Johnson, who’s produced everything on the big screen from Rain Man to The Notebook to the Chronicles of Narnia series, is looking to significantly expand his presence on the small screen. The agency has already received interest from networks and studios regarding a possible exclusive arrangement. Johnson exec-produced 2004’s CBS drama The Guardian with Simon Baker. And currently he’s an exec producer of AMC’s Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad, whose star Bryan Cranston is also repped by UTA.
UTA Signs Producer Mark Johnson's TV Biz
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO
- ‘Shameless’: Showtime Releases Official Season 7 Trailer And Poster Art
- Woody Allen’s ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’: First Photos Of Amazon Series
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth