Overseas income will continue to rise, according to consultants Screen Digest. The US share of box office will fall to 30% by 2014. America accounted for 33% of global box office revenue in 2009, down from 40% a decade ago. The US Losing Global Box Office Share report says Japan is the second biggest single market, accounting for 7.5% of box office. And France is the third most important, rising to 5.9% last year (5.3% in 1999). Russia has been the fastest growing territory over the past 10 years: its contribution grew by 2,625%. After Russia come Romania (423.3%), China (347%), Columbia (255%) and Slovakia (255%).
U.S. To Account For Just 30% Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Movie Zips Toward November 2019 Release
- ‘Torch Song’ To Re-Alight On Broadway In November In Former Home
- Fandango Ticket Sales Rep More Than 30% Of ‘Black Panther’s $242M Record Opening Weekend
- Jennifer Lopez Romantic Comedy ‘Second Act’ To Raise Curtain Over Thanksgiving
- ‘Black Panther’ Box Office Halo Heats Up Exhibition Stocks
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…