Overseas income will continue to rise, according to consultants Screen Digest. The US share of box office will fall to 30% by 2014. America accounted for 33% of global box office revenue in 2009, down from 40% a decade ago. The US Losing Global Box Office Share report says Japan is the second biggest single market, accounting for 7.5% of box office. And France is the third most important, rising to 5.9% last year (5.3% in 1999). Russia has been the fastest growing territory over the past 10 years: its contribution grew by 2,625%. After Russia come Romania (423.3%), China (347%), Columbia (255%) and Slovakia (255%).
U.S. To Account For Just 30% Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Box Office News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By ‘Mockingjay 2’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Creed’ – Sunday AM…
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Trailer Scores Record Traffic For A Comedy Film In Its First Week
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Dressed For 'The Danish Girl'; Amy Berg Bows 'Janis: Little Girl Blue': Specialty Preview