Twilight Saga producers Temple Hill have latched onto another branded property, one that moves them from scary vampires and werewolves to a beloved elephant. Temple Hill partners Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey have made a with rights holders Nelvana and The Clifford Ross Company to generate family films around Babar, the bestselling book series. Nelvana and Ross produced an animated series based on the elephant that leaves the jungle for the big city, then returns with lessons learned to become king. Those producers are are currently in production on Babar: The Adventures of Badou. Babar first appeared in the 1931 French book by Jean de Brunhoff, who created and illustrated seven titles. His son, Laurent de Brunhoff, continues to write the books. There are more than 30,000 Babar publications in 19 languages. Bowen and Godfrey are shopping to studios a blueprint for a family comedy that will mix live-action with CG.
'Twilight Saga' Producers Harness 'Babar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- Michael Grindon Exits As Legendary’s Worldwide Television Distribution Head
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition
- McKenna Grace To Play Young Lead In Rob Lowe’s ‘The Bad Seed’ Lifetime Remake, Original’s Patty McCormack To…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Quinta Brunson To Star In CW Pilot
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Renewed For Season 13 By NBC With All 4 Judges & Host Tyra Banks Returning