Twilight Saga producers Temple Hill have latched onto another branded property, one that moves them from scary vampires and werewolves to a beloved elephant. Temple Hill partners Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey have made a with rights holders Nelvana and The Clifford Ross Company to generate family films around Babar, the bestselling book series. Nelvana and Ross produced an animated series based on the elephant that leaves the jungle for the big city, then returns with lessons learned to become king. Those producers are are currently in production on Babar: The Adventures of Badou. Babar first appeared in the 1931 French book by Jean de Brunhoff, who created and illustrated seven titles. His son, Laurent de Brunhoff, continues to write the books. There are more than 30,000 Babar publications in 19 languages. Bowen and Godfrey are shopping to studios a blueprint for a family comedy that will mix live-action with CG.
'Twilight Saga' Producers Harness 'Babar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Kicks Off ‘Late Show’ DNC Week With Trippy Song And Dance
- Stephen Colbert Rushes DNC Podium With Security In Hot Pursuit
- Michelle Obama’s Stirring DNC Speech Gets Rousing Hollywood Reaction
- Bernie Sanders “Disappointed” But Offers Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton – After Awhile
- Donald Trump Claims Elizabeth Warren “Misrepresented” Him In Hard-Hitting DNC Speech – Update
- Michelle Obama’s Powerful DNC Speech Praises Clinton, Dumps On Trump – And Ignores Melania