There has been a lot of speculation about the future of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on USA in the past month or so. I hear the network looked at a number of scenarios, including a full-season pickup, two-season pickup and a partial season pickup until settling on the idea for an eight-episode order for what would be the show’s 10th and final season. I hear that a final pickup decision, which largely hinges on making the economics work, will be made in the next couple of days, and the network is looking to bring some of the show’s original players, including Vincent D’Onofrio. Meanwhile, Jeff Goldblum, who starred on the show for the last 2 seasons, has decided not to return. The options on all the actors formally expired on July 31 after being extended by a month on June 30 when they were originally up. For Goldblum, the decision coincided with an agency switch. He has left Gersh and signed with CAA. Goldblum took on the role of Law & Order: CI‘s new leading man last fall when, in a major cast overhaul, original stars D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe exited, along with veteran Eric Bogosian. Goldblum now stars in Neil Simon’s The Prisoner of Second Avenue at London’s Old Vic. Law & Order: CI, which originated on NBC, was the second spinoff from the mothership Law & Order series, which was canceled by NBC in May after 20 seasons. Still going on NBC is Law & Order: SVU, joined by new addition Law & Order: Los Angeles.
The Future Of USA's 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' Still In Limbo, May Return For Final Hurrah Sans Jeff Goldblum
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast