EXCLUSIVE: Chernin Entertainment is getting serious about comedy. The 20th Century Fox TV-based television division of the company has hired Tasha Brown as VP comedy, its first executive dedicated to developing half-hour projects. She started this week reporting to TV president Katherine Pope. Brown comes from BBC Worldwide Prods where she served as director of comedy development and worked on developing projects based on BBC formats, including Gavin and Stacey at ABC. Before that, she was a consultant in BBCWW’s scripted division and was instrumental in setting up Absolutely Fabulous at Fox/Sony last year. Brown started off as a production assistant at comedy powerhouse Carsey Werner where she rose to staff writer on the company’s series Grounded for Life before switching careers to become a development executive. Interesting footnote: Brown is the product of show business parents – her mother is renowned UK literary agent Linda Seifert and her father is Monty Python producer John Goldstone.
Tasha Brown Joins Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident