EXCLUSIVE: Chernin Entertainment is getting serious about comedy. The 20th Century Fox TV-based television division of the company has hired Tasha Brown as VP comedy, its first executive dedicated to developing half-hour projects. She started this week reporting to TV president Katherine Pope. Brown comes from BBC Worldwide Prods where she served as director of comedy development and worked on developing projects based on BBC formats, including Gavin and Stacey at ABC. Before that, she was a consultant in BBCWW’s scripted division and was instrumental in setting up Absolutely Fabulous at Fox/Sony last year. Brown started off as a production assistant at comedy powerhouse Carsey Werner where she rose to staff writer on the company’s series Grounded for Life before switching careers to become a development executive. Interesting footnote: Brown is the product of show business parents – her mother is renowned UK literary agent Linda Seifert and her father is Monty Python producer John Goldstone.
Tasha Brown Joins Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…