EXCLUSIVE: Chernin Entertainment is getting serious about comedy. The 20th Century Fox TV-based television division of the company has hired Tasha Brown as VP comedy, its first executive dedicated to developing half-hour projects. She started this week reporting to TV president Katherine Pope. Brown comes from BBC Worldwide Prods where she served as director of comedy development and worked on developing projects based on BBC formats, including Gavin and Stacey at ABC. Before that, she was a consultant in BBCWW’s scripted division and was instrumental in setting up Absolutely Fabulous at Fox/Sony last year. Brown started off as a production assistant at comedy powerhouse Carsey Werner where she rose to staff writer on the company’s series Grounded for Life before switching careers to become a development executive. Interesting footnote: Brown is the product of show business parents – her mother is renowned UK literary agent Linda Seifert and her father is Monty Python producer John Goldstone.
Tasha Brown Joins Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo
- Discovery And Scripps Shareholders Approve Pending $14.6 Billion Merger
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’