Despite all the skepticism it would ever get to Broadway because of its prohibitive running costs, Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark has been set to begin preview performances on November 14, with opening night set for December 21. Julie Taymor will direct from the book she wrote with Glen Berger, with music and lyrics by U2’s Bono and The Edge. The musical will play the Foxwoods Theatre on West 42nd Street. Reeve Carney plays Peter Parker, Jennifer Damiano plays Mary Jane Watson and Patrick Page plays The Green Goblin. The musical shapes up as one of the costliest ever to hit Broadway, and tickets top out at $140. Carney, a rock musician, plays a lead role in the Taymor-directed The Tempest, a film that will play both the Toronto and Venice festivals.
Spidey Gets Broadway Opening Date
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'