The lawsuit was filed today in Seattle’s U.S. District Court. The Microsoft co-founder has always been mercurial, to say the least, but this is like a bolt out of the blue. The implications are staggering — especially considering that the lawsuit, according to news reports, says Allen’s Interval Licensing LLC provided initial research funding for Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, which “resulted in Google”. According to the complaint as described by news reports, Interval alleges that Google, Google’s YouTube unit, Apple, AOL, Facebook, Yahoo, eBay, Netflix, Office Depot, OfficeMax, and Staples all violated four of Interval’s patents issued between the years 2000 and 2004 related to Internet browser technology and the display of information for shopping, news, video and other online content. Interval Licensing was founded in 1992 by Allen and venture capitalist David Liddle. Interval Licensing asks for unspecified damages, and an injunction preventing the defendants from further infringement or “a royalty for post-judgment infringement”.
SILICON VALLEY SCANDAL? Paul Allen Sues Google, Apple, AOL, Facebook, Yahoo, Ebay, Others For Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…