The 2-hour opener of AMC’s third original series, political thriller Rubicon, became the network’s highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever, attracting 2M total viewers. For comparison, Mad Men averaged 900,000 viewers and Breaking Bad 1.2M viewers in their first seasons. Following Rubicon, the second episode of Mad Men’s fourth episode drew 2.5 million viewers, down 14% from last week’s season premiere. “AMC is now three for three with our original series,” said Charlie Collier, president and GM of AMC. Rubicon, which moves to its regular Sunday 9 PM time slot next week, had already been sampled by 4.6 million viewers via the network’s sneak peek on-air as well as on VOD, iTunes, and Hulu.
Ratings Rat Race: Solid Start For 'Rubicon'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Tiger Woods Arrested On DUI Charge In Florida
- Nina Diaz On VH1’s Unscripted Plans As Net Hits Milestone With ‘T.I. & Tiny’ Finale
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs
- Leah Remini Is The Thorn In Scientology’s Side — Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…