The 2-hour opener of AMC’s third original series, political thriller Rubicon, became the network’s highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever, attracting 2M total viewers. For comparison, Mad Men averaged 900,000 viewers and Breaking Bad 1.2M viewers in their first seasons. Following Rubicon, the second episode of Mad Men’s fourth episode drew 2.5 million viewers, down 14% from last week’s season premiere. “AMC is now three for three with our original series,” said Charlie Collier, president and GM of AMC. Rubicon, which moves to its regular Sunday 9 PM time slot next week, had already been sampled by 4.6 million viewers via the network’s sneak peek on-air as well as on VOD, iTunes, and Hulu.
Ratings Rat Race: Solid Start For 'Rubicon'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In CBS’ Tim McAuliffe/Austen Earl Comedy Pilot
- ‘Superstore’ Renewed For Season 4 At NBC
- Donald Trump Upstaged At School Shooting “Listening” Event By Father Of Victim
- Michael Grindon Exits As Legendary’s Worldwide Television Distribution Head