The 2-hour opener of AMC’s third original series, political thriller Rubicon, became the network’s highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever, attracting 2M total viewers. For comparison, Mad Men averaged 900,000 viewers and Breaking Bad 1.2M viewers in their first seasons. Following Rubicon, the second episode of Mad Men’s fourth episode drew 2.5 million viewers, down 14% from last week’s season premiere. “AMC is now three for three with our original series,” said Charlie Collier, president and GM of AMC. Rubicon, which moves to its regular Sunday 9 PM time slot next week, had already been sampled by 4.6 million viewers via the network’s sneak peek on-air as well as on VOD, iTunes, and Hulu.
Ratings Rat Race: Solid Start For 'Rubicon'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jennifer Lopez To Serve As Judge & Mentor On NBC’s ‘World Of Dance’
- ‘High Maintenance’ Renewed By HBO For Season 2
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Acquired By VH1 & Freeform In Syndication
- Amazon Sets Preschool Series ‘Bookaboo’ For October Premiere
- James Corden Plug-forms With The Backstreet Boys On ‘Late Late Show’
- Lin-Manuel Miranda To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In October