The 2-hour opener of AMC’s third original series, political thriller Rubicon, became the network’s highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever, attracting 2M total viewers. For comparison, Mad Men averaged 900,000 viewers and Breaking Bad 1.2M viewers in their first seasons. Following Rubicon, the second episode of Mad Men’s fourth episode drew 2.5 million viewers, down 14% from last week’s season premiere. “AMC is now three for three with our original series,” said Charlie Collier, president and GM of AMC. Rubicon, which moves to its regular Sunday 9 PM time slot next week, had already been sampled by 4.6 million viewers via the network’s sneak peek on-air as well as on VOD, iTunes, and Hulu.
Ratings Rat Race: Solid Start For 'Rubicon'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- Rick Springfield Joins Cast of ‘Supernatural’ In Devilish New Role – Comic-Con
- ‘24: Legacy’ EP Says "Intersection" With Original Characters Could Happen "Down The Line" – Comic-Con
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- Dominic Purcell Reflects On His Injury During ‘Prison Break’ Shoot – Comic-Con
- Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney’s Golden Oak Ranch “OK”, LAFD Says…
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Trailer: It’s Not A Game Anymore, And Something’s Coming – Comic-Con