For any other new reality series, the premiere number for ABC’s Bachelor Pad (2.2 rating/7 share) would’ve been a solid number. But being part of the network’s hit Bachelor franchise automatically raised expectations for the spinoff, whose two-hour debut last night was down 21% from this summer’s premiere of The Bachelorette. Bachelor Pad‘s lead-out, the second season premiere of unscripted series Dating In The Dark (1.8/5), was down -25% from the nigh-vision dating show’s last summer’s premiere. NBC’s Last Comic Standing (1.5/4) had a quiet exit, hitting a series low with its season finale, down 6% from last summer’s ender. Meanwhile, Fox’s telecast of the Teen Choice Awards (1.5/5) was up 7% from last year. ABC won the night in adults 18-49 (2.1/6), while CBS was No.1 in total viewers (6.6 million) with all-repeats.
RATINGS RAT RACE: So-So Debut For ABC's 'Bachelor' Spinoff 'Bachelor Pad'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- Chinese Authorities Crackdown On Online News Reporting
- Donna Brazile Will Remain On CNN For Convention Coverage Before Taking Over As DNC Chair – Update
- Rick Springfield Joins Cast of ‘Supernatural’ In Devilish New Role – Comic-Con
- ‘24: Legacy’ EP Says "Intersection" With Original Characters Could Happen "Down The Line" – Comic-Con
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- Dominic Purcell Reflects On His Injury During ‘Prison Break’ Shoot – Comic-Con