UPDATE: I’m hearing that a march is planned for London protesting against the scrapping of the UK Film Council. The Save the UK Film Council petition now has nearly 22,000 signatories, while the Facebook page has 42,000 people who’ve signed up. Regardless of how many of these are friends and family of Film Council employees, culture minister Ed Vaizey cannot have envisaged this grassroots campaign when he made the decision to scrap UKFC.
Protestors To March Against UKFC Closure
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA