Well, this is a bad joke. Hulu hasn’t even proven people will pay $9.99 a month for the subscription service — yet NBC Universal, News Corp, and the Walt Disney Corp think it’s got what it takes to do a public offering in this lousy IPO environment as soon as this Fall? Today, The New York Times has the exclusive noting that, “despite its status as a big player in online video, the company currently makes little in the way of profit”. So which proposed-in-the-press IPO will be the bigger giggle: Hulu’s or Relativity Media’s?
NYT: Hulu Readying Itself For $2B IPO?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets