Here is news that none of the theater chains or film studios want publicized: New York City’s latest bed bug infestation has expanded into movie theaters. Audience members have reported bites at Times Square’s AMC Empire 25 and in Harlem’s AMC Magic Johnson 9, according to news reports. Yuck! Since then, there’ve been inspections, exterminations, seat replacements, and more inspections. At least this time, no one is denying there’s a problem. (Whereas rumors of a bed bug problem last Thanksgiving was denied by NYC theater chains.) Then again, the current outbreak in NYC office buildings and retail stores have received massive publicity. Suggestions for moviegoers include 1) select washable attire, 2) isolate clothing and shoes upon returning home, 3) dump into a hot wash and dry as soon as possible, 4) leave purses and bags back at home, 5) inspect the popcorn for anything that moves.
Moviegoers, Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series