UPDATE: Co-showrunners Tina Fey and Robert Carlock confirmed that 30 Rock will keep poking fun at new NBC Universal owner Comcast next season even more than this past season — though not by name. Here’s the “Kabletown” website already, filled with details about the “GE Sheinhardt NBC Universal partnership and the promise of meeting the girl from Chuck for our executives”. With the deal expected to gain regulatory approval by the end of 2010, Carlock told Deadline Hollywood: “We’re incorporating a fictionalized version of that. There are a couple of things we’ve got in the works.” Added Fey: “We’ll show the new bosses, new rules, new work pressures.” The sitcom already has a history of sending up NBCU’s Jeff Zucker and Ben Silverman. Is Brian Roberts and Steve Burke next? Here’s how 30 Rock describes Philadelphia-based Kabletown already: “Why Kabletown with a K? Because K stands for the Kindness we show our customers, the Keen interest we take in their needs and because Cabletown with a C was already the name of a store that sold cable knit sweaters and legal said we had to spell it with a K…” You 30 Rock viewers (and Deadline commenters) know way more about this than I do. Sorry, but I’m not a fan.
'30 Rock' To Spoof Comcast Even More
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA
- TLC’s Elvia Van Es Oliva Joins Studio Ramsay To Head U.S. Office