EXCLUSIVE: The director is writing and directing an adaptation of Paul Murray’s Booker Prize long-listed novel. Jordan is reuniting with regular producers Steve Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen of Number 9 Films and James Flynn of Littlewave Film Productions (Ondine). Recent credits from Number 9 include Made In Dagenham, starring Sally Hawkins, and How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, starring Simon Pegg and Kirsten Dunst. Skippy Dies follows the adventures of two unlikely schoolmates, Skippy and Ruprecht, at an Irish private school. The book’s been described as “South Park meets Tom Brown’s Schooldays” (now there’s one pitch I never thought I’d hear). Paul Murray is repped by Rob Kraitt at AP Watt.
Neil Jordan To Direct 'Skippy Dies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says