EXCLUSIVE: The director is writing and directing an adaptation of Paul Murray’s Booker Prize long-listed novel. Jordan is reuniting with regular producers Steve Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen of Number 9 Films and James Flynn of Littlewave Film Productions (Ondine). Recent credits from Number 9 include Made In Dagenham, starring Sally Hawkins, and How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, starring Simon Pegg and Kirsten Dunst. Skippy Dies follows the adventures of two unlikely schoolmates, Skippy and Ruprecht, at an Irish private school. The book’s been described as “South Park meets Tom Brown’s Schooldays” (now there’s one pitch I never thought I’d hear). Paul Murray is repped by Rob Kraitt at AP Watt.
Neil Jordan To Direct 'Skippy Dies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
Latest TV News
- Lily Rabe & Enrique Murciano To Star In TNT Pilot ‘Deadlier Than The Male’
- Korean Broadcasters Introduce Kocowa To Stream K-Wave Entertainment
- Jared Kushner Unveils “I Did Not Collude” Doctrine In Advance Of Not-Under-Oath Senate Intel Committee Meeting
- Michael Phelps’ Race With A Shark (Or Not) Draws Some Viewer Ire
- ‘Alias Grace’ Teaser: First Look At Sarah Gadon As Convicted Murderer Grace Marks In Netflix/CBC Miniseries
- Miss America Pageant Brings Back Chris Harrison & Sage Steele To Host 2018 Edition