Michael Ealy has been tapped to star in USA Network’s pilot Common Law, a comedic buddy cop drama from producer Jon Turteltaub. Ealy is the first actor cast in the project, written by Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, which centers on cops Wes Mitchell and Travis Marks (Ealy), partners at LAPD. The problem is Wes, a methodical former lawyer with a passion for cars, gardening and his ex-wife, and Travis, a maverick ladies’ man who served time in juvie, can’t stand each other. To revive their flagging professional relationship, their Captain sends them to couples therapy. CBS TV Studios and Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. Sleeper Cell alum Ealy, repped by Gersh and manager Darryl Taja, most recently had a role on ABC’s FlashForward and next co-stars in Screen Gems’ Takers. Lifting the Common Law’s cast-contingency hinges on casting both leads.
Michael Ealy Set As Lead In USA Network's Pilot 'Common Law'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Andreeva
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS
- NBC Buys 'Assisted Loving' Comedy From Claudia Lonow
- Lucy Punch To Star In FX Comedy She Will Pen With Ant Hines & Casper Christensen
- Fox Buys Ensemble Comedy From Alec Sulkin & Julius Sharpe As Put Pilot