Michael Ealy has been tapped to star in USA Network’s pilot Common Law, a comedic buddy cop drama from producer Jon Turteltaub. Ealy is the first actor cast in the project, written by Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, which centers on cops Wes Mitchell and Travis Marks (Ealy), partners at LAPD. The problem is Wes, a methodical former lawyer with a passion for cars, gardening and his ex-wife, and Travis, a maverick ladies’ man who served time in juvie, can’t stand each other. To revive their flagging professional relationship, their Captain sends them to couples therapy. CBS TV Studios and Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. Sleeper Cell alum Ealy, repped by Gersh and manager Darryl Taja, most recently had a role on ABC’s FlashForward and next co-stars in Screen Gems’ Takers. Lifting the Common Law’s cast-contingency hinges on casting both leads.
Michael Ealy Set As Lead In USA Network's Pilot 'Common Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- First Look At Madonna Carpool Voguing With James Corden
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Trailer: Watch HBO’s Murderous Moms Of Monterey
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- Shake-Up At ‘Duck Dynasty’ Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On “Temporary Leave Of Absence”…