Michael Ealy has been tapped to star in USA Network’s pilot Common Law, a comedic buddy cop drama from producer Jon Turteltaub. Ealy is the first actor cast in the project, written by Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, which centers on cops Wes Mitchell and Travis Marks (Ealy), partners at LAPD. The problem is Wes, a methodical former lawyer with a passion for cars, gardening and his ex-wife, and Travis, a maverick ladies’ man who served time in juvie, can’t stand each other. To revive their flagging professional relationship, their Captain sends them to couples therapy. CBS TV Studios and Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. Sleeper Cell alum Ealy, repped by Gersh and manager Darryl Taja, most recently had a role on ABC’s FlashForward and next co-stars in Screen Gems’ Takers. Lifting the Common Law’s cast-contingency hinges on casting both leads.
Michael Ealy Set As Lead In USA Network's Pilot 'Common Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: John Bolton May Be Next Scaramucci After North Korea Blunder
- Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations
- Billboard Music Awards Complete Winners List: Janet Jackson Honored With Icon Award, Ed Sheeran Takes Top Artist
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Season Finale Says Farewell To Fox With Jake & Amy’s “Bomb” Wedding
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Santa Fe Shooting At Billboard Music Awards, Urges “Moment Of Change”