Michael Ealy has been tapped to star in USA Network’s pilot Common Law, a comedic buddy cop drama from producer Jon Turteltaub. Ealy is the first actor cast in the project, written by Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, which centers on cops Wes Mitchell and Travis Marks (Ealy), partners at LAPD. The problem is Wes, a methodical former lawyer with a passion for cars, gardening and his ex-wife, and Travis, a maverick ladies’ man who served time in juvie, can’t stand each other. To revive their flagging professional relationship, their Captain sends them to couples therapy. CBS TV Studios and Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. Sleeper Cell alum Ealy, repped by Gersh and manager Darryl Taja, most recently had a role on ABC’s FlashForward and next co-stars in Screen Gems’ Takers. Lifting the Common Law’s cast-contingency hinges on casting both leads.
Michael Ealy Set As Lead In USA Network's Pilot 'Common Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
FX Acquires 'Jumanji', 'Transformers', 'Murder On the Orient Express', 'All the Money In the World' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline
- ‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform
- FX Acquires ‘Jumanji’, ‘Transformers’, ‘Murder On the Orient Express’, ‘All the Money In the World’…
- Super Bowl Ad Rates Have Soared 87% In 10 Years Even With More Clutter: Study