Kevin Spacey’s and Dana Brunetti’s Trigger Street Prods have inked a first-look deal with HBO, and as part of the pact they’ll develop the drama project The Crux. There’s no pilot order. The project centers on a charismatic cult leader played by the Oscar winner. The Crux was taken around to cable networks 2 months ago and generated interest from at least 4 places: HBO, Showtime, Starz and FX. In the end, Spacey’s existing relationship with HBO steered the project there. Spacey most recently starred in the 2008 HBO movie Recount, which earned him an Emmy nomination, and the HBO film Bernard and Doris which landed 10 Emmy noms Trigger Street co-produced. and Spacey and Brunetti executive produced, landed 10 Emmy noms. Spacey is the latest Oscar winner to topline an HBO pilot this year. Dustin Hoffman stars in Luck, which has been picked up to series, and Diane Keaton headlines Tilda, whose fate has not been decided. On the feature side, Trigger Street has The Social Network coming out in October, Casino Jack (in which Spacey also stars) premiering at the Toronto Film Festival and Safe with Jason Statham going into producing later this year. Acting-wise, Spacey is currently shooting Horrible Bosses and just completed Margin Call.
Kevin Spacey's 'Crux' Drama Lands At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series