Kevin Spacey’s and Dana Brunetti’s Trigger Street Prods have inked a first-look deal with HBO, and as part of the pact they’ll develop the drama project The Crux. There’s no pilot order. The project centers on a charismatic cult leader played by the Oscar winner. The Crux was taken around to cable networks 2 months ago and generated interest from at least 4 places: HBO, Showtime, Starz and FX. In the end, Spacey’s existing relationship with HBO steered the project there. Spacey most recently starred in the 2008 HBO movie Recount, which earned him an Emmy nomination, and the HBO film Bernard and Doris which landed 10 Emmy noms Trigger Street co-produced. and Spacey and Brunetti executive produced, landed 10 Emmy noms. Spacey is the latest Oscar winner to topline an HBO pilot this year. Dustin Hoffman stars in Luck, which has been picked up to series, and Diane Keaton headlines Tilda, whose fate has not been decided. On the feature side, Trigger Street has The Social Network coming out in October, Casino Jack (in which Spacey also stars) premiering at the Toronto Film Festival and Safe with Jason Statham going into producing later this year. Acting-wise, Spacey is currently shooting Horrible Bosses and just completed Margin Call.
Kevin Spacey's 'Crux' Drama Lands At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA