Kevin Spacey’s and Dana Brunetti’s Trigger Street Prods have inked a first-look deal with HBO, and as part of the pact they’ll develop the drama project The Crux. There’s no pilot order. The project centers on a charismatic cult leader played by the Oscar winner. The Crux was taken around to cable networks 2 months ago and generated interest from at least 4 places: HBO, Showtime, Starz and FX. In the end, Spacey’s existing relationship with HBO steered the project there. Spacey most recently starred in the 2008 HBO movie Recount, which earned him an Emmy nomination, and the HBO film Bernard and Doris which landed 10 Emmy noms Trigger Street co-produced. and Spacey and Brunetti executive produced, landed 10 Emmy noms. Spacey is the latest Oscar winner to topline an HBO pilot this year. Dustin Hoffman stars in Luck, which has been picked up to series, and Diane Keaton headlines Tilda, whose fate has not been decided. On the feature side, Trigger Street has The Social Network coming out in October, Casino Jack (in which Spacey also stars) premiering at the Toronto Film Festival and Safe with Jason Statham going into producing later this year. Acting-wise, Spacey is currently shooting Horrible Bosses and just completed Margin Call.
Kevin Spacey's 'Crux' Drama Lands At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”