Kevin Spacey’s and Dana Brunetti’s Trigger Street Prods have inked a first-look deal with HBO, and as part of the pact they’ll develop the drama project The Crux. There’s no pilot order. The project centers on a charismatic cult leader played by the Oscar winner. The Crux was taken around to cable networks 2 months ago and generated interest from at least 4 places: HBO, Showtime, Starz and FX. In the end, Spacey’s existing relationship with HBO steered the project there. Spacey most recently starred in the 2008 HBO movie Recount, which earned him an Emmy nomination, and the HBO film Bernard and Doris which landed 10 Emmy noms Trigger Street co-produced. and Spacey and Brunetti executive produced, landed 10 Emmy noms. Spacey is the latest Oscar winner to topline an HBO pilot this year. Dustin Hoffman stars in Luck, which has been picked up to series, and Diane Keaton headlines Tilda, whose fate has not been decided. On the feature side, Trigger Street has The Social Network coming out in October, Casino Jack (in which Spacey also stars) premiering at the Toronto Film Festival and Safe with Jason Statham going into producing later this year. Acting-wise, Spacey is currently shooting Horrible Bosses and just completed Margin Call.
Kevin Spacey's 'Crux' Drama Lands At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Stephen Colbert She Wants To Start Next GOP Debate With “Apology Accepted”
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Open First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons