“I’m old news,” deadpanned John Lithgow, who won the Guest Star in a Drama Series Emmy category for his stint on the Showtime drama Dexter. He found out he’d won at the Creative Emmys last week. “I’m loose as a goose. I found out this is the way to win an Emmy: win early.” Asked about his Dexter character Trinity, Lithgow said he loved playing him (“He was like a different character every week”), but wouldn’t miss him. “No, my character needed to die, no doubt about that.” Given his five Emmys, including 3 for the NBC comedy 3rd Rock from the Sun, one would think Lithgow is a prime target for TV series offers. “I’m not offered as much you would think or I would like,” he said. Lithgow also gave a shout-out to President Barack Obama. “He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders,” Lithgow said. “His approval numbers may have fallen but not in my book. I’m huge supporter of his.”
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: John Lithgow
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate