Jim Parsons was asked backstage if winning for lead comedy actor helped partially make up for the fact his CBS series The Big Bang Theory wasn’t nominated for top comedy series. “Well, I don’t know,” he said. “It was such a good selection of shows nominated. Who are you going to give the boot to?… I hope everybody’s happy that we brought home some gold to the show. But it would be good if we were all here together.” He said that they’re feeling the pressure of Big Bang‘s move to Thursday nights this fall. “It’s a big night. But I feel, knock on wood, that we’ve got such a loyal fan base, they’ll feel happy to watch us wherever it is.” As for his own win? Parsons said it felt “absolutely dreamlike…I’m thrilled, I’m honored, but I’m stunned too.” — Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline Hollywood’s Emmy coverage.
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: Jim Parsons
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates