Jim Parsons was asked backstage if winning for lead comedy actor helped partially make up for the fact his CBS series The Big Bang Theory wasn’t nominated for top comedy series. “Well, I don’t know,” he said. “It was such a good selection of shows nominated. Who are you going to give the boot to?… I hope everybody’s happy that we brought home some gold to the show. But it would be good if we were all here together.” He said that they’re feeling the pressure of Big Bang‘s move to Thursday nights this fall. “It’s a big night. But I feel, knock on wood, that we’ve got such a loyal fan base, they’ll feel happy to watch us wherever it is.” As for his own win? Parsons said it felt “absolutely dreamlike…I’m thrilled, I’m honored, but I’m stunned too.” — Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline Hollywood’s Emmy coverage.
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: Jim Parsons
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…