Jim Parsons was asked backstage if winning for lead comedy actor helped partially make up for the fact his CBS series The Big Bang Theory wasn’t nominated for top comedy series. “Well, I don’t know,” he said. “It was such a good selection of shows nominated. Who are you going to give the boot to?… I hope everybody’s happy that we brought home some gold to the show. But it would be good if we were all here together.” He said that they’re feeling the pressure of Big Bang‘s move to Thursday nights this fall. “It’s a big night. But I feel, knock on wood, that we’ve got such a loyal fan base, they’ll feel happy to watch us wherever it is.” As for his own win? Parsons said it felt “absolutely dreamlike…I’m thrilled, I’m honored, but I’m stunned too.” — Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline Hollywood’s Emmy coverage.
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: Jim Parsons
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List