Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Latest International News
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ Cuffs $300M+ At WW Box Office; Franchise Tops $1.25B
- Emma Chambers Dies: ‘Notting Hill’ Actress Was 53
- Berlin: ‘In The Aisles’, ‘Theatre Of War’, ‘Profile’ Scoop Early Prizes
- Three Questions: A Conversation With This Year’s Best Foreign Language Film Nominees
- Ed Sheeran Teases His Next Movie – Berlin