Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Deadpool 2', 'New Mutants' & 'Dark Phoenix' Find 2018 Dates Among Fox's Slew Of Release Changes & Additions
Latest International News
- Obama Honchos Re-Invited To House Intel Committee’s Public Hearing On Russia’s Election Rannygazoo
- Uma Thurman Named President Of Cannes Un Certain Regard Jury
- Sony Increases Profits Forecast By $430M
- Cannes: Critics Week 2017 Lineup; Dave McCary’s ‘Brigsby Bear’ To Close Sidebar
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Paris Shooting That Killed Policeman
- Working Title TV Hires Former BBC Exec Mark Freeland To Head Of Television Comedy