Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest International News
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Glee’ Actor Matthew Morrison Outraged Over Treatment Of Dog On His Chinese Movie ‘Crazy Alien’
- ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ Cheating Scandal Stage Play ‘Quiz’ Being Remade For Television By Left…