Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest International News
- Murders of Two Location Scouts Mourned By Location Managers Guild
- YouTube Red Closes $3.5M Deal For Morgan Spurlock’s Toronto Docu ‘Super Size Me 2’
- Oscilloscope Scores ‘Sollers Point’ Ahead Of San Sebastian Premiere
- Tom Courtenay To Make ‘Grandpa’s Great Escape’; ‘Good Omens’ Adds Cast; Deutsche Telekom Gets ‘Germanized’…
- Oscars: Russia Enters Andrey Zvyagintsev’s ‘Loveless’ In Foreign Language Race
- Sony Pictures Classics Closes Israeli Foreign Language Oscar Entry ‘Foxtrot’