Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest International News
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment
- Discovery Chief Says U.S. TV Market Is Weakening While Overseas Grows
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?