Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest International News
- Helen Mirren On Hollywood Time’s Up Movement: “About Time”
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- Passage Pictures Sets ‘My Eyes’ Series From Hot Israeli Duo Amir & Savyon; Will Also Remake Smash Feature ‘Maktub…
- Berlinale Forum Lines Up Hong Sang-Soo, Josephine Decker & More
- Lionsgate Ripe For Takeover As Amazon, Verizon and CBS-Viacom Emerge As Potential Suitors
- ‘Jumanji’ Drumbeat Rises To $700M+ At Worldwide Box Office