Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest International News
- BBC WW Ups Stake In Lookout Point; Factory 42 Launches With VR ‘Giselle’
- Former Metrodome & Little Film Co. Execs Launch Truffle Pictures
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Trailer: A Few Lessons From The Wizarding Community Of New York
- Oscars: Palestine Enters Hany Abu-Assad’s ‘The Idol’ In Foreign Language Race
- BBC2 Orders Revenge Drama ‘Paula’; Eccho Moves Into ‘Casa Del Mar’ – Global Briefs
- Hollywood Pays Tribute To Israel’s Nobel Peace Prize Winner Shimon Peres