Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest International News
- Fox Names Netflix & HBO Alum Pia Chaozon As SVP Worldwide Theatrical Marketing
- Toronto Film Festival: Who’s In And Who’s Out?
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- Korean Broadcasters Introduce Kocowa To Stream K-Wave Entertainment
- Venice Critics’ Week Lineup Revealed; UK Debut ‘Pin Cushion’ To Open Section
- BBC Boss Tony Hall Responds To Female Staffers Over Gender Pay Gap: Change Will Be “Accelerated”