Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest International News
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’
- China’s Alibaba Pictures Takes Film Rights To Children’s Book Series ‘Warriors’
- Jesse Plemons Joins Kirsten Dunst’s Directorial Debut ‘The Bell Jar’
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’
- Lily James Set To Star In ‘The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society’