Jamie Bell has signed on to star with Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton in The Retreat, the British thriller that begins production in Wales next month. Produced by Magnet Films, the thriller focuses on a couple vacationing on a remote island as they try to repair their marriage. When they find a soldier washed up on the beach in a biohazard suit, they discover everyone else has been killed by an airborne virus. Carl Tibbets is making his directorial debut on the script he wrote and Magnet’s Gary Sinyor is producing and David Frost is exec producer. Bell has grown from his origins as the title character in the film Billy Eliot. A finalist to play Spider-Man in the Marc Webb-directed 3D reboot, Bell has the title role in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson collaboration The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. He stars alongside Channing Tatum in the Kevin Macdonald-directed Roman era drama The Eagle, which Focus Features releases next February.
Jamie Bell Joins British Thriller 'The Retreat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Latest International News
- ‘La La Land’ Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Trailer: Can New York Be Saved From Aliens?
- Paul Verhoeven Named Jury President Of 2017 Berlin Film Festival
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Amazon Studios Takes Flight With Hot Package ‘The Aeronauts’