EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s buddy cop dramedy The Good Guys will undergo some tweaking before it returns with fresh episodes in the fall. I hear the focus will be on attracting more female viewers. The show is adding a new recurring female character, a young CSI, that could potentially become a regular. There also will be more emphasis on romantic relationships, with the new character part of that effort. Additionally, RonReaco Lee, who guest starred in the pilot and appeared in 2 more episodes this summer as bumbling criminal Julius, is expected to heavily recur in the fall. (He is regular on another series, BET’s upcoming comedy Let’s Stay Together.) The Good Guys, originally slated for a summer run, was given a fall berth in May before its premiere. The series never got traction on Mondays behind Lie to Me but the Fox executive like it creatively and have stuck with their upfront decision to bring it back in the fall on Fridays, paired with Human Target. Good Guys completed its summer run last week. Two of the 11 episodes originally ordered for summer are being held and will air with the 9 additional episodes for an 11-episode fall run.
Fox's 'Good Guys' Gets Tune-Up For Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule