EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s buddy cop dramedy The Good Guys will undergo some tweaking before it returns with fresh episodes in the fall. I hear the focus will be on attracting more female viewers. The show is adding a new recurring female character, a young CSI, that could potentially become a regular. There also will be more emphasis on romantic relationships, with the new character part of that effort. Additionally, RonReaco Lee, who guest starred in the pilot and appeared in 2 more episodes this summer as bumbling criminal Julius, is expected to heavily recur in the fall. (He is regular on another series, BET’s upcoming comedy Let’s Stay Together.) The Good Guys, originally slated for a summer run, was given a fall berth in May before its premiere. The series never got traction on Mondays behind Lie to Me but the Fox executive like it creatively and have stuck with their upfront decision to bring it back in the fall on Fridays, paired with Human Target. Good Guys completed its summer run last week. Two of the 11 episodes originally ordered for summer are being held and will air with the 9 additional episodes for an 11-episode fall run.
Fox's 'Good Guys' Gets Tune-Up For Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January