EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s buddy cop dramedy The Good Guys will undergo some tweaking before it returns with fresh episodes in the fall. I hear the focus will be on attracting more female viewers. The show is adding a new recurring female character, a young CSI, that could potentially become a regular. There also will be more emphasis on romantic relationships, with the new character part of that effort. Additionally, RonReaco Lee, who guest starred in the pilot and appeared in 2 more episodes this summer as bumbling criminal Julius, is expected to heavily recur in the fall. (He is regular on another series, BET’s upcoming comedy Let’s Stay Together.) The Good Guys, originally slated for a summer run, was given a fall berth in May before its premiere. The series never got traction on Mondays behind Lie to Me but the Fox executive like it creatively and have stuck with their upfront decision to bring it back in the fall on Fridays, paired with Human Target. Good Guys completed its summer run last week. Two of the 11 episodes originally ordered for summer are being held and will air with the 9 additional episodes for an 11-episode fall run.
Fox's 'Good Guys' Gets Tune-Up For Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Doubles Down On Emmy Joke About John Oliver
- ‘Late Show’: Hillary Clinton Calls Putin A Manspreader; Says She’s “Paula Revere”
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain
- Donald Trump Says Ratings For This Year’s Emmys Were “The Worst Ever”
- Damon Lindelof Teases Start Of ‘Watchmen’ Series At HBO
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees