Here’s my 2nd spoiler about Sunday night’s Emmys broadcast and it’s a juicy one: According to my source inside the Nokia Theatre today, the big opening number features host Jimmy Fallon coming out alone with an electric guitar and singing/playing “Born to Run.” Then he is joined by Randy Jackson from American Idol on bass. Then by a dance troupe consisting of Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, 30 Rock‘s Tina Fey, Community/Talk Soup‘s Joel McHale, and Glee‘s Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch. (There’s also a very buxom blonde whom my source couldn’t ID.) Robin Antin, creator of the Pussycat Dolls, was choreographing. “I left at 5 PM. I think it’s going to take a lot more time to whip the number into shape,” my insider predicted.
EMMY SPOILERS: Big Opening Dance Number Features Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Joel McHale, Chris Colfer & Jane Lynch
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention