Here’s my 2nd spoiler about Sunday night’s Emmys broadcast and it’s a juicy one: According to my source inside the Nokia Theatre today, the big opening number features host Jimmy Fallon coming out alone with an electric guitar and singing/playing “Born to Run.” Then he is joined by Randy Jackson from American Idol on bass. Then by a dance troupe consisting of Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, 30 Rock‘s Tina Fey, Community/Talk Soup‘s Joel McHale, and Glee‘s Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch. (There’s also a very buxom blonde whom my source couldn’t ID.) Robin Antin, creator of the Pussycat Dolls, was choreographing. “I left at 5 PM. I think it’s going to take a lot more time to whip the number into shape,” my insider predicted.
EMMY SPOILERS: Big Opening Dance Number Features Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Joel McHale, Chris Colfer & Jane Lynch
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network