Here’s my 2nd spoiler about Sunday night’s Emmys broadcast and it’s a juicy one: According to my source inside the Nokia Theatre today, the big opening number features host Jimmy Fallon coming out alone with an electric guitar and singing/playing “Born to Run.” Then he is joined by Randy Jackson from American Idol on bass. Then by a dance troupe consisting of Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, 30 Rock‘s Tina Fey, Community/Talk Soup‘s Joel McHale, and Glee‘s Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch. (There’s also a very buxom blonde whom my source couldn’t ID.) Robin Antin, creator of the Pussycat Dolls, was choreographing. “I left at 5 PM. I think it’s going to take a lot more time to whip the number into shape,” my insider predicted.
EMMY SPOILERS: Big Opening Dance Number Features Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Joel McHale, Chris Colfer & Jane Lynch
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Colbert Cold Open Goes Hard Right: ‘Late Show’ Haters Stunned By Trump
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios