Here’s my 2nd spoiler about Sunday night’s Emmys broadcast and it’s a juicy one: According to my source inside the Nokia Theatre today, the big opening number features host Jimmy Fallon coming out alone with an electric guitar and singing/playing “Born to Run.” Then he is joined by Randy Jackson from American Idol on bass. Then by a dance troupe consisting of Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, 30 Rock‘s Tina Fey, Community/Talk Soup‘s Joel McHale, and Glee‘s Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch. (There’s also a very buxom blonde whom my source couldn’t ID.) Robin Antin, creator of the Pussycat Dolls, was choreographing. “I left at 5 PM. I think it’s going to take a lot more time to whip the number into shape,” my insider predicted.
EMMY SPOILERS: Big Opening Dance Number Features Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Joel McHale, Chris Colfer & Jane Lynch
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”