Modern Family‘s comedy supporting actor Eric Stonestreet said that it wasn’t going to be uncomfortable going back to the set as the only actor to have won. After all, the show also won several other awards, including top comedy series. “We’d all joked before the show that if one of us won, the others were going to be visibly upset by punching the winner in the stomach,” he said. “But the truth is that a win for me is like a win for Sofia (Vergara) or Julie (Bowen) and Ty (Burrell) or Jesse (Tyler Ferguson). We’re proud of our show and we just love our jobs.” He also spoke of how playing a positive member of a gay couple on the series has helped to fuel support against Proposition 8. “We get amazing compliments from kids of same-sex marriage families. One guy just recently approached me and said he wanted to thank me for giving his sister ammunition for the bullies — you know, “Look at Mitch and Cam,! They’re like my family, and you like them.” — Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline Hollywood’s Emmy coverage.
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: Eric Stonestreet
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series